Sign in to follow this  
jwhak

Meteoblue -- Fog Maps Or Something For Fog Info

Howdy,

Just wondering if anyone knows if Meteoblue has any maps that register fog or show you where fog is.  Fog and Haze seem to be off according to metar reports in the U.S. with Live weather. Past couple days flew into a couple places that were supposed to be fogged in.  Oh I did check the legacy map mode on Meteoblue with metars and it was reporting correctly but the sim was clear as can be dunno.

I assume legacy mode is not part of the MSFS weather system.  So I am trying to figure out if anything new on Meteoblue gives ya any sitrep on fog.

Thanks & Happy Landings

Edited by jwhak

Yes I also had the same problem I believe that MFS does not know how to reproduce the fog and it is rather annoying ...

I think for that you have to use the unreal weather software (free)
Or else the REX software (paying)

But I have not tested if the fog is put correctly with it is 2 addons

Rgr. Appreciate the input.  Seems fog and haze are hit and miss with MSFS weather system.  This sim is absolutely beautiful with the clouds and the things it's currently doing though.

Wonder how often the MSFS weather system updates?   Sure they will get things polished up eventually after all can't forge and polish a sword overnight  😉 Happy Landings,

I think you will only see it when low cloud is reported since I don't believe the sim uses visibility.

Fog is related to the temperature and dew point. I believe that Meteoblue is sending both of those numbers correctly and that MSFS is calculating the amount of fog to display incorrectly. 

That being said, last night I had the a320 sitting at the gate at KBWI and it was raining with thick fog. I thought to myself, "That does not look right.", so I lifted the window shade. I couldn't see my neighbor's house across the street.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I just had fog and haze at LFPG. Had it quite a few times sitting at an airport and the fog rolled in.

I am not saying it is perfect, but it is getting there.....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

11 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Fog is related to the temperature and dew point

And also wind speed. And in some cases, terrain is a factor. It's predictable but not simple.