Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

EA with PMDG 777

I'm currently using P3Dv5 with the PMDG 777 and Active Sky v5.

If I use EA will I still get returns on the weather radar?

Many thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Most of the time you won't. Same with using FSLabs Airbuses and EA. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I have not noticed any problems with the weather radar and EA. Remember that light rain won't usually give any returns, which is accurate.

53 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Most of the time you won't. Same with using FSLabs Airbuses and EA. 

I’ve also noticed of not having any wx returns when obviously there was a TCU right in front of me. No matter the A/C or developer. I believe there is still some kind of a limitation with TrueSky.

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

48 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

I’ve also noticed of not having any wx returns when obviously there was a TCU right in front of me. No matter the A/C or developer. I believe there is still some kind of a limitation with TrueSky.

Sometimes I could make it work disabling EA, going back to flight and then re enabling EA. Same with rain and thunder sound. Unfortunately more times than less the rain sound disables again (I posted in P3D forums about this with no response). This is on the NGXu though.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

The weather radar isn't a cloud detector. It detects precipitation of moderate intensity and upwards. Light rain won't show. No rain , no return. Simply put. So make sure there's actual moderate or heavy rain before concluding it doesn't work.

• Upvote 2

Is EA worth using?

64.0 GB RAM

12 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Is EA worth using?

That’s really a personal decision.

I think the horizon and distanced scenery look great.  However, I’ve turned it off because I’m tired of having glowing aircraft at night with dynamic reflections enabled (and aircraft look to shiny with dynamic reflections disabled), and I also only seemingly ever get 1 (and only 1) cloud layer with it, which makes flying with any kind of weather patterns across multiple altitudes a let down.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Only one cloud layer? That seems a bit pointless? Surely if it's 'Enhanced' it should be showing more than what the standard weather generator does?

64.0 GB RAM

17 hours ago, andreh said:

The weather radar isn't a cloud detector. It detects precipitation of moderate intensity and upwards. Light rain won't show. No rain , no return. Simply put. So make sure there's actual moderate or heavy rain before concluding it doesn't work.

Yes, it is not a “cloud detector” however when there is clearly a thunderstorm in front of you (stated by the METAR) and yet it is not shown then it is just simply wrong.

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

On 3/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, CaptKornDog said:

Is EA worth using?

(word not allowed) if you do (word not allowed) if you don't...I am not sure that this work properly. Only thing is that I am missing from V4.5 is weather, clouds and night lights....but as they said personal preference. I don't like nothing with EA, I hope they will make it better....

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex