Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

P3Dv5 crashes over Italian Alps

Very strange, my P3Dv5 reproducibly crashes over a certain point in the Italian Alps, few miles northeast of Bolzano. I see it suddenly stuttering, fps going down from 30+ to 0.5 and a few seconds later CTD. In the event viewer I see it's terrain.dll whcih crashes. I don't have any Addon Airport in the vicinity. ORBX Global and LC Europe is installed.

Would very much like to know if that is a problem on my end. If anyone might find the time for a short flight Stuttgart (EDDS) to Venice (LIPZ) , here is the route KUNOD Y326 MOMUK L607 ELMEM N606 GIRIS Z905 DIKEM M726 ALBET

Happens between GIRIS and DIKEM

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Hi Mike,

I just finish your flight - I noted a little fps "hesitation" on one spot between GIRIS and DIKEN (usually, I have a stable 30fps - I saw some peaks up to 45...)
But nothing special

I have "reasonable" settings I can detail if you want. I fly NON EA and with REX SkyForc

Just over GIRIS

P3-D2021-03-21-16h39s16473-cr.jpg

A litlle after Bolzano - which is part of the ORBX freeware pack

P3-D2021-03-21-16h44s19314-cr.jpg

Just arriving DIKEM

P3-D2021-03-21-16h45s4109-cr.jpg

Approaching VENEZIA - and still alive 😉

P3-D2021-03-21-16h54s56958-cr.jpg

Apart from ORBX Global, OepnLC EU, the freeware ORBX Global Airport, I am also running ChasePlane and you will have recognized the FSW lovely Falcon 50.

Sorry for the size of the image - I don't succeed to display the original size (any suggestion ?)

If you want more information, just ask.

Cheers

Gérard

Might be the navdata fault. Try to redownload the Navigraph AIRAC for your aircraft (guessing it's FSL bus) and reinstall.
And if you have any other aircraft installed (doubt it with full A320 HC with Skalarki, lol), you can also try and see if there is any difference.

2 hours ago, gaab said:

Hi Mike,

I just finish your flight - I noted a little fps "hesitation" on one spot between GIRIS and DIKEN

Thanks a lot for checking; Gérard ! Good to know. And interesting, maybe on that spot for some reason it is magnified in my case.

By the way, your Falcon looks really nice !

@Rafal,  yes, no other Aircraft than FSLabs except the Raptor :-). Might give it a try with the Raptor in that area.

Good suggestion regarding Navdata, that's worth a try as well !

Thanks !

Mike

On 3/21/2021 at 10:28 AM, mikealpha said:

Very strange, my P3Dv5 reproducibly crashes over a certain point in the Italian Alps,...

Happens between GIRIS and DIKEM

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue! CTD between GIRIS and DIKEM. I was flying this route twice now and had a CTD just after GIRIS on both flights.

According Windows event log the terrain.dll is causing the issue. I was googling the last 2 hours and found several discussions around OrbX and OpenLC. But - what a surprise! - without a clear outcome.

I do use OpenLC and I will try again that particluar section of the route (in my case it was EDDL-LDRI) with OpenLC deactivated and will report back.

Also would be very interested to hear, if you could solve it by now!

Michael

9 hours ago, michael1508 said:

Also would be very interested to hear, if you could solve it by now!

Hi Michael,

unfortunately not solved yet. I gave up finding the reason after spending several days with that. Yeah, same here, terrain.dll causing it. Just avoiding that airway is the only workaround.

To make it even more strange, it only occurs on my Homecockpit PC, but not on my Laptop. With identical sceneries installed (incl. ORBX LC).

A mystery ...

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

I remember having the same issue south of palm springs I believe reducing the mesh resolution fixed the issue for me.

It was written in the Avsim CTD guide which says to rebuild P3D cfg file and/or reduce scenery/terrain settings

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

On 3/21/2021 at 9:28 AM, mikealpha said:

Would very much like to know if that is a problem on my end. If anyone might find the time for a short flight Stuttgart (EDDS) to Venice (LIPZ) , here is the route KUNOD Y326 MOMUK L607 ELMEM N606 GIRIS Z905 DIKEM M726 ALBET

if it helps,  Eurowings did it yesterday with the below routing on an  A320  //  D-ABZE  // EW2430 / EWG65U

N0396F230 ROTWE7H ROTWE Y126 TUBLO N850 TITIX/N0415F290 N850 TRA UP131 RESIA P131 ADOSA L612 ALBET ALBET1E

Capture.png

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

if it helps,  Eurowings did it yesterday with the below routing on an  A320  //  D-ABZE  // EW2430 / EWG65U

N0396F230 ROTWE7H ROTWE Y126 TUBLO N850 TITIX/N0415F290 N850 TRA UP131 RESIA P131 ADOSA L612 ALBET ALBET1E

Thanks, that's exactly the routing I am using now, nice to read it corresponds to their RW routing !

As for AI, no AI on my Homecockpit PC, where the problem occurred. On my Laptop where the problem doesn't occur, I have AIG traffic.

I'll try if reducing Mesh Resolution makes a difference, thanks Shom !

44 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Thanks, that's exactly the routing I am using now, nice to read it corresponds to their RW routing !

No worries, any more let me know I'll pull it off the Atc system 

14ppkc-6.png

So I tested today with deactivated OpenLC. And it worked!

Then tested again with Open LC activated. And it crashed again at the same spot just after GIRIS. This time it started with extrem stuttering, then P3D got frozen.

My test scenario:
LOWI, then ORTES-GIRIS-DIKEM at FL300.
Addons: FS Global Ultimate, OrbX LOWI, OrbX Vector, OrbX Trees/Buildings and OpenLC deactivated / activated

@Mike, I am also flying with my Jeehell / Skalarki HC. I can't imagine, why it would work on your laptop but not within your HC. Do you have exactly the same Addon's on your laptop? Can you make another try with your HC and OpenLC deactivated?

Michael

Hi Michael,

I am running an A320 with JeeHell and ORBX stuff. Looks like I had the same situation but on another spot. I wrote my experiences here and my issues are solved. Sorry, it's in german but you can click translation: https://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?p=3098

• Like 1

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Thanks Peter, I'll try your procedure over the weekend as well !  I had tried before to deactivate ORBX LC, that did not help so far.

Anyway, I'll report back !

Mike