Sign in to follow this  
earthdog

A screenshot that wasn't meant to be

This morning, i woke up early and had some time to fly a leg for my VA. the leg was EGLC -> EGPE (Inverness).

Everything went well and as usual i recorded the flight in order to get my screenshots after i land, which i did.

During the captures i had some problem with both Live Weather and REX WF.. The weather was off and i tried to correct manually.

Happy enough i took the shot which i post below and put it in FB/reddit etc. with description something like "First coffee of the day at Inverness".

People liked it but some of them (strangely not many) started to joke as to when EGPE got parallel runways.

I checked and indeed this was EGCC and not EGPE. I got crazy for quite some time in order to find out how this happened. Absolute crazy.

Bottom line: When i loaded the recording i accidentally loaded one of my previous flights which ended up in EGCC  😂😂 

I am getting old guys (actually tomorrow i am turning 47)

Here is the capture:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

• Like 9

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

@earthdog

Did you know your screen shot was also posted on the msofficial instagram page?

0588B89C-368E-4952-A192-0EA096B903C1.png

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

@earthdog

Did you know your screen shot was also posted on the msofficial instagram page?

0588B89C-368E-4952-A192-0EA096B903C1.png

Yeah i saw the comment this morning!!! thanks for noticing!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

15 hours ago, earthdog said:

Yeah i saw the comment this morning!!! thanks for noticing!

I actually saw the shot on the IG account before I saw it posted here 😂😂

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Any Landing you can walk away from is a good landing....No matter where it is. Awesome Capture.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

If it's open at the moment, then you might have been able to get a coffee at the Airport Hotel (just to the right of your starboard engine). An excellent place to go planespotting - the taxiway for 23R goes past the pub's beer garden 😉

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Great story...!!

I hope, though it was Inverness or/and Manchester, whatever,...and "virtual", you did get to enjoy a "real" cup of coffee...🙂...

[BTW, all the best, and trust me, you're not old....there are plenty of us, here, how should I say, more experienced folks....🙂....]

• Like 1