Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

RY Bonanza Mod - Blank screen avionics

Anyone else seeing this, load up the RY Bonanza Mod using WT G1000 - turn on power and the PFD is dead - just blank nothing?

The RY Mod and the WT G1000 have not been updated for a while so I'm running latest versions, wonder if its something do with the new patch??

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

Yes, remove the G1000 mod and try again... worked before yesterday... will check myself later.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Doing a flight right now with both mods and no problems.

There is a 'known issue' in MSFS with avionics not starting that was introduced in Sim Update 3 a few weeks back:

On rare occasions, Aircraft screens might not initialize correctly upon loading a flight. Please restart the flight to fix the issue.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-release-notes-1-14-5-0-sim-update-iii-now-available/375519

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Guys...would anyone have a link to a website/s where I can caught up on the latest updates and availability for some of my old 3rd party community mods such as for taxi lighting on certain planes, GPS and cockpit lighting mods, rob youngs bonanza mod, any other flight dynamic mods that may have been released/updated, etc.

Dunno if there's one website to find this stuff and to help me keep track of all of it, but I've been away for 6 months and i have no way of knowing what 3rd party stuff has been updated or new stuff which has been released and for which version of the sim it is all compatible with.

I was hoping that after 6 months we wouldnt still need to use a spreadsheet to help keep track of 50 different 3rd party mods which fix all the issues in the game...but sadly we haven't come too far since last summer, apparently.

I don't want this to become a part time job just to get caught up again...any ideas?

Edited by hangar

If you create a login to the site Flightsim.to will track the last version of addons that you downloaded vs the current version.

But that only helps for addons that the authors had chosen to put up on that site. (Like GotGravel's Cubs, etc)

So I too have a giant list of links to various websites and forum threads that I use to check my addons once a month or so.

Robert's Turbo Bonanza is still at Version 3.

Edited by marsman2020

Yea it’s weird I haven’t suffered this problem before but I’m finding I indeed have to restart the flight after the initial load of else the PFD won’t fire up.  I’ve removed the WT G1000 mod and added it again but no joy - very strange.

Thomas Derbyshire

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Yea it’s weird I haven’t suffered this problem before but I’m finding I indeed have to restart the flight after the initial load of else the PFD won’t fire up.  I’ve removed the WT G1000 mod and added it again but no joy - very strange.

It is really random.  At one point it hit me almost every flight, now it seems a lot less.  It is definitely a sim bug, as I've gotten it with or without mods just the same. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

38 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

It is really random.  At one point it hit me almost every flight, now it seems a lot less.  It is definitely a sim bug, as I've gotten it with or without mods just the same. 

I'm having the same issue with the Carenado Mooney. Is it the same bug for all Garmin equipped planes?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I'm having the same issue with the Carenado Mooney. Is it the same bug for all Garmin equipped planes?

Every aircraft in the simulator with glass cockpits.  Check out the 'Known Issues' linked above.

6 hours ago, hangar said:

Guys...would anyone have a link to a website/s where I can caught up on the latest updates and availability for some of my old 3rd party community mods such as for taxi lighting on certain planes, GPS and cockpit lighting mods, rob youngs bonanza mod, any other flight dynamic mods that may have been released/updated, etc.

The RY Bonanza has the lighting mods included in it I believe.

As for the mods.

RY Bonanza - https://github.com/roblenvic/Bonanza-Turbo

WT G1000 - https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

The lighting mods (not needed for RY) - https://uwajimaya.github.io/FS2020/

Edited by Phantoms
  • Like 1

James