Sign in to follow this  
Langeveldt

Specific A320 FPS issue

Hey all.

I run my sim at 60FPS, no questions asked, so the following will not be solved by saying "turn on Vsync and drop to 30FPS".  I'm happy to turn things down and fly default AC to get better frames.  I don't get any immersion by flying a study level PMDG around at 20FPS. 

I'm having some weird behavior with the default A320 though.  Departing Schiphol, pretty much silky smooth at 60 FPS, coming into Naples having initiated the descent, struggling to get above 20FPS.  Such a big difference in frame rate in one flight with no settings changed (and you'd think Amsterdam would be a more demanding environment).  Then when I pull up to the gates, turn the engines off, back to silky smooth 60FPS.

So it must be something to do with the aicraft, and all i fly is the default A320. 

Any thoughts?  I'm thinking of getting that 737 Max add on to see if that changes things, but I was wondering if you all could shed any light on this.  I'm generally getting excellent performance, except on descent and finals, before I switch off engines. 

TIA

Did you check if the FBW Installer closed correctly after updating the plane? In my case it lurked in the RAM, had a memory leak obviously and after 20 mins or so killed the framerate. Killing the process with task manager helped.

4 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Did you check if the FBW Installer closed correctly after updating the plane? In my case it lurked in the RAM, had a memory leak obviously and after 20 mins or so killed the framerate. Killing the process with task manager helped.

did you notice the "and all i fly is the default A320..." comment?

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Certain airport have FPS issue on approach. This is something Asobo needs to fix.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

57 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

did you notice the "and all i fly is the default A320..." comment?

I actually didn't. 🙂 Can't believe that someone does that.

29 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Most people probably do.

• Like 2

Have you already set glass cockpit refresh rate to low and disabled the custom overhead panel icons?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

21 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

and all i fly is the default A320

you may want to try the FBW mod and see whether that changes things, probably better not to start with the experimental mod which causes some higher load but the stable or dev mod are a good start. just to rule things out. and btw the mods are anyway tons better than the default a320... btw, I have smooth fps even with the experimental mod on my meager system at various payware airports, see specs below. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

9 hours ago, DAD said:

you may want to try the FBW mod and see whether that changes things, probably better not to start with the experimental mod which causes some higher load but the stable or dev mod are a good start. just to rule things out. and btw the mods are anyway tons better than the default a320... btw, I have smooth fps even with the experimental mod on my meager system at various payware airports, see specs below. 

I've found the FBW mod even worse..  And it's not that bad, I just love my 60FPS..

Worryingly I found the culprit (I think).  I have removed the global shipping traffic and the situation seems to be resolved.  Shame that such an awesome mod appears to be causing issues after a few hours of flight?  Anyone else found this? 

On 3/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, crimplene said:

Yeah, just any stuttering ruins immersion for me.  i totally get FBW is better. 

• Like 1