Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Just Flight Piper Arrow III

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Just trim your aircraft. No need for alt hold

In the sim trimming is usually a lot harder than irl.  I like having a simple ALT hold and or AP in the sim.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

In the sim trimming is usually a lot harder than irl.  I like having a simple ALT hold and or AP in the sim.

Trimming in a real aircraft is a piece of cake, not so much in any sim. Take the JF Arrow for instance, you can be flying at 4000 feet, give it one click of trim up which is the smallest amount you can change the trim, and you are in a 100 fpm climb, one click nose down, and you see no change, another click and you are 100 feet descent, etc. So it is a hit or miss type of adjustment.If you watch the trim wheel while you are doing his, it barely moves. In a real aircraft, set the speed or pitch you want, trim out any elevator control pressure and you are done. 

The only sim I ever flew that it was like a real aircraft was a 767-400 full motion sim. You could nail the speed or altitude, but that sim cost upwards of $20 million dollars. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Any GA aircraft can be easily upgraded today, all it takes is money. Tht aircraft probably didn't have a G 530 in it either, when it was manufactured. 

That's what I like. Just NDBs and VORs. I even leave the GPS 100 switched off.

If something happens like cat or wife needing attention I pause the sim.

Karl

• Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 minutes ago, kaha said:

That's what I like. Just NDBs and VORs. I even leave the GPS 100 switched off.

If something happens like cat or wife needing attention I pause the sim.

Karl

Unfortunately, NDBs and VORs are slowly being phased out. https://nbaa.org/aircraft-operations/airspace/faa-plans-to-eliminate-308-vors/#:~:text=The VORs will be closed,NAVAIDs%2C” the agency said.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Has anyone else noticed that when you hit the B key to set the altimeter reading, and you mouse over the altimeter adjustment know it always reads 29.92? 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Trimming in a real aircraft is a piece of cake, not so much in any sim. Take the JF Arrow for instance, you can be flying at 4000 feet, give it one click of trim up which is the smallest amount you can change the trim, and you are in a 100 fpm climb, one click nose down, and you see no change, another click and you are 100 feet descent, etc. So it is a hit or miss type of adjustment.If you watch the trim wheel while you are doing his, it barely moves. In a real aircraft, set the speed or pitch you want, trim out any elevator control pressure and you are done. 

The only sim I ever flew that it was like a real aircraft was a 767-400 full motion sim. You could nail the speed or altitude, but that sim cost upwards of $20 million dollars. 

I can remember chasing the trim a Cherokee irl and my instructor saw me and stopped me and said just pull back the throttle a hair.  Worked like a charm. 🙂

LouP

Edited by LouP
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LouP said:

I can remember chasing the trim a Cherokee irl and my instructor saw me and stopped me and said just pull back the throttle a hair.  Worked like a charm. 🙂

LouP

true

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Has anyone else noticed that when you hit the B key to set the altimeter reading, and you mouse over the altimeter adjustment know it always reads 29.92? 

That's a bug with MSFS. When you first launch MSFS for the day you get live weather with decent accurate winds and baro. Each time you fly after that you get the 225°/3mph wind bug with static baro. I think the only way out is to completely shut down MSFS between flights.

James

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

That's a bug with MSFS. When you first launch MSFS for the day you get live weather with decent accurate winds and baro. Each time you fly after that you get the 225°/3mph wind bug with static baro. I think the only way out is to completely shut down MSFS between flights.

That is not what I am seeing. Winds and baro reading are correct. When I am at an airport, if you set the altimeter at the field elevation either with the B key or the altimeter adjustment. When you mouse over the altimeter adjustment knob it always reads 29.92. That is an altimeter problem. I always restart MSFS between flights. 

Edited by Bobsk8

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

This trim issue only exists using default controller binds, you can have as fine or coarse trim per click ad you want if you use a set data value by trim percent using Spad.