Sign in to follow this  
D-Green

Cloud tears

Hi 

Dies anyone know why there are straight    lines cut through clouds.  Seems to be getting worse. 

They've been there since the sim launched. seems not everyone gets them but I see them a lot. Why they are there? Your guess is as good ad mine I'm afraid.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 4/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, D-Green said:

Hi 

Dies anyone know why there are straight    lines cut through clouds.  Seems to be getting worse. 

I don't see them, or I did not understand what you mean. Could you post a screenshot?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

On 4/2/2021 at 1:52 PM, MrFuzzy said:

I don't see them, or I did not understand what you mean. Could you post a screenshot?

I don't have an image sharing account any more, so until someone else posts an image, imagine looking at a cloudy sky where it looks like someone has taken and impossibly large and wide knife and sliced right down through the clouds. You can often look down through the slice and see the ground below.

Or, put another way, it's like getting a parcel where the flaps aren't touching, and you get that straight line gap under the clear tape.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

44 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I don't have an image sharing account any more, so until someone else posts an image, imagine looking at a cloudy sky where it looks like someone has taken and impossibly large and wide knife and sliced right down through the clouds. You can often look down through the slice and see the ground below.

Or, put another way, it's like getting a parcel where the flaps aren't touching, and you get that straight line gap under the clear tape.

OK, I understood now... no, I am not seeing this, occasionally I see piercings / transparent or black or white cuts in the mountains.

Anyway you don't need an account, you can use on the fly image hosting services such as https://postimages.org/ It supports CTRL+V too.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

23 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

.. I see piercings / transparent or black or white cuts in the mountains.

Yep, I get that.  I think it causes pauses or frame stuttering as well occasionally.  The black steps across the runways also did this and caused terrible performance for me, but I haven't seen any of those for a while. 

Flagstaff Airport used to be a bad one for the black steps across the runway, but it is all fixed up now.  It seemed to get fixed when they fixed the spikes, so might have been related to that bug.  Performance is great there now, so that is one place I can fly! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Cloud tears are now trending....#cloudscrytoo

🤣😂🤣

That is what I thought when I first saw it!  Aren't cloud tears just rain?  LOL!

Oh!  The ambiguity of the English language.  I think we need some of the symbols other languages use to show the difference.  I vote for 'Téars' for when you cry, as the word looks more dramatic like that! :biggrin:

• Like 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

you can use on the fly image hosting services such as https://postimages.org/

Thanks, bookmarked.

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Just for you bobcat. . .

You're Batty.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

You're Batty.

Very good 109. Call me Roy 😉 

Isn't this whole line through horizon/ clouds thing and grainy issues a DX12 issue?

From what I've been able to glean, they built certain elements to be DX12 ready - and none of us have it obviously. . .but when we do...these issues will vanish (One hopes)?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Just for you bobcat. . .

ddf.jpg

Thanks!  My favourite bit of dialogue fron one of my favourite films ever! :biggrin:

• Like 2