Sign in to follow this  
downloaddude

Flaps 30 on landing checklist

Hello,

with the newest version of the QW787 and FS2Crew in P3Dv5, I always get a call "check your flaps" when trying to do the landing checklist, even though the flaps already are at 30.

Best regards

Adrian

I'm using it in voice control, the handle was placed correctly and the 787 automatic checklist indicates flaps 30 green. up to now, this has always worked in FS2crew with the older version. HAppens in the 900 and 1000. I guess, I'm gonna reinstall it.

I just tested it in the 1000 model, voice control.

Called for the landing checklist with flaps in the 30 detent.

Approach Page in the FMC was set to Flaps 30.

It worked fine for me.  It didn't prompt me to check the flaps.

Dear Adrian.

I believe the issue is that you call for the checklist too soon after setting the flaps. Whilst the handle might be correctly placed at 30, the flaps (and slats for that sake) might still be extending. I am aware that the item doesn’t become green, until the flaps are actually in the commanded position, but this could be a sim-snack.

Go ahead and configure a little bit earlier, wait until the flaps are actually at 30 (indicated at the on the EICAS) and then call for the checklist. I’ll bite my old hat if it doesn’t work.

Yes had the same experience yesterday. I was a little premtaure on calling the Landing Checklist on the -9 and Flaps 30 had not been fully deployed. Repeated the call for the Landing Checklist a second time worked.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I tried again, but it still doesn't work for me. One thing I noticed, the ECL doesn't display a specific setting for the flaps like 30 degrees. It only shows a dashed line though when flaps are at 30, it is displayed in green. Of course the vref is set for flaps 30 in the approach phase. Could that have anything to do with it? Of course then, it should not be working for other users as well, I am really puzzled about this. Also in the QW manual, the Landing ECL is also shown with the dashed line for the flaps.

5 hours ago, downloaddude said:

I tried again, but it still doesn't work for me. One thing I noticed, the ECL doesn't display a specific setting for the flaps like 30 degrees. It only shows a dashed line though when flaps are at 30, it is displayed in green. Of course the vref is set for flaps 30 in the approach phase. Could that have anything to do with it? Of course then, it should not be working for other users as well, I am really puzzled about this. Also in the QW manual, the Landing ECL is also shown with the dashed line for the flaps.

It could be related.  I'm not sure why you'd have a dash lined in the ECL.

You'd need to ask the QW 787 about the dashed line through flaps 30.  There's probably a reason for that.