Sign in to follow this  
canuk22

FBW and Simbrief

Am I correct in believing that if I bring in the FP using the Simbrief functionality, the FS ATC has no idea what I'm doing?  I'm not getting the altitudes.  Am I missing something here?

You have to also load the flight plan into the sim, press space bar at the flight planning screen.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The only issue I’ve had is if I try to change the SID, STAR or arrival runway after importing the Simbrief plan, MSFS will change the flightplan then it won’t match what you’ve imported from Simbrief.  This is annoying and I don’t know what it happens but it’s not directly a FBW A320N issue, it happens with all aircraft.

Note that you can change your starting location from a runway (which is default) to a gate/parking space with no issues.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

AFAIK you can't load the Simbrief FP in the MSFS Flightplan Manger and afterwards load the Simbrief Plan into the MCDU. I start the flight without any FP, then load the Simbrief Plan in the MCDU (including fuel and load) and afterwards tell the ATC that I want to fly the IFR plan (forgot how it is called exactly). I finished a flight from EGGW to EGGP today and got the correct altitudes for the approach to Rwy 27 via the LPL NDB (2500ft at LPL then 2000ft). ATC got most things right, only forgot to assign me the correct cruize altitude after sending me to 8000ft after takeoff. So I asked for +10000 feet, which worked fine.

Edited by crimplene

But that's just it, you should not have to ask, yesterday leaving KLAX heading to KLAS and over the  mountains he had me going from 8000 to 7500 to 8500 to 7100.  It does not work because he does not know the plan, while the import is nice it's useless.

1 hour ago, canuk22 said:

But that's just it, you should not have to ask, yesterday leaving KLAX heading to KLAS and over the  mountains he had me going from 8000 to 7500 to 8500 to 7100.  It does not work because he does not know the plan, while the import is nice it's useless.

As I said, it knew my approach and everything worked fine except the cruise altitude. Only a minor annoyance. ATC doesn't work perfectly. But still you can load the exported Simbrief FP directly into the MSFS planner. Then ATC knows everything and you can add SID and/or STAR later in the cockpit - which ius normal procedure anyway. We just have to live with MSFS not being perfect for now. Constant moaning doesn't help much.

I'm not fanboi enough to start defending them, 2021 and as environmental_ice said fs9 atc was superior, at $180 CDN money sorry it's not moaning.

Yes descending near mountainous terrain causes ATC some issues, and ATC certainly needs more work generally, but I’ve never had an issue Loading a Simbrief flight plan from the flight planning menu, it’s always recognized by ATC when I call for my clearance in the sim.

Dave