Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

TrueSky changes in 5.2 (issues?)

I'm flying to Berlin in the sim right now... I have ASP3D and I was seeing gridding on the clouds, so I checked and remember I had turned the cloud tweaking setting off. I turned it back on and my clouds de-gridded, somewhat, but now I've got the famous 'cloud crawl' while ASP3D is adjusting the volumetricclouds.cfg file in real time and it's happening every couple of minutes as I'm speeding through weather stations. 

Right now EA is a compromise, and nothing hits the sweet spot. I'm sure HiFi can do more when they have more access to TrueSky's internals via the sim. Bugs need to be fixed, sure, and weather depiction needs to be improved, but giving more access to the atmospherics system to 3rd parties is critical. That's where a certain other sim that we shan't mention falls down, AFAIK there's little to no access to the weather depiction there either. P3D has always been a platform and the atmospherics are a key part of that and need to be properly open (and without paying $$$ for an SDK like SpeedTrees). IMHO.

• Upvote 3

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

9 hours ago, F737NG said:

Roundabout (one word) is "Kreisverkehr" or a circular intersection of roads. Round about (two words) has a similar meaning to 'approximately' or 'roughly' in this context, when preceding an numerical value.

Ah, interesting.Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to stop cringing then when I hear my compatriots use the term. 😉

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Ah, interesting.Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to stop cringing then when I hear my compatriots use the term. 😉

However, if you could tell all 83 million of your compatriots that 'hallo zusammen' ≠ 'hello together', that would be great... 😆

I would like to see all the trueSKY issues listed here to be fixed. That said, I like what has been included so far. IMO, trueSKY can only get better.

https://youtu.be/1EwjLnMxzdM?t=620

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

😉

But I am always happy to learn something new! So thanks for sharing your thoughts, that´s what counts! 

And yes....I life near Frankfurt am Main (also called Mainhattan=Denglish). I have Dutch to over as my 2nd mother tongue.....I think this would make things even worse 😉 

But I would like to thank everyone here for sharing their thoughts on TrueSky and your opinions. I am pretty sure we (almost) nailed everything down and shared those ideas and issues with LM.

Now we have to wait what LM will offer us. I am not expecting anything on this...just to be sure I´m not getting frustrated (again) seeing TrueSky "out of Beta" but looking like Alpha!

TrueSky has something positive in it´s current status:

• Clouds disappear, which makes the skies nice an sunny (as I always wished for in real life)
  • LM have already implemented MARS colors (as probably the next planet to simulate their Platform on)
  • Also Rain is hardly visible (Most of us don´t like rain anyway)
  • Lightning does not exists (it´s dangerous)
  • PBR textures are shiny (we all like to have our materials always look like polished and new or?)
  • Shadows move with the view and covers the whole globe (NoNeedForSunglasses and to avoid climate changes and a heating earth)
  • IF we have clouds they move fast (to clear skies again)

We should be so grateful to LM to make the earth a better place....and very future orientated. 

"Always look at the bright sight of life"!

I´m optimistic they won´t change anything on this......BUT....I will be pessimistic if they do change this! In case of the latter I will accept being a pessimist for one time in my life! Joke beside! 😇

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png