Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Airport Regional Environment X Europe by LatinVFR Released!

@LVFRicardowhy do I have to install a pointless ad program to activate the scenery? Other than that, it's a very nice addition to the default scenery. 

Hi Ricardo and everyone else who may find this useful.

I emptied out my community folder and just left EGCC and EGKK third party airports, the Flybywire A32NX and the LVFR product.

It now works so there is clearly something that was in my community folder that caused the problem. I'll now try and find out exactly what it was and will let you know in case anyone else has a similar issue.

Many Thanks for your prompt reply and support, its really appreciated.

Terry

2.5miles SE of EGKK

• Like 2

Will this work alongside GSX when it gets released?

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, Quaere Verum said:

Hi Ricardo,

This sounds like something local to me then if Chock is not having any problems.

I'll keep you posted, I'm going to clear out my community folder and start from there.

Many Thanks

Terry

2.5 miles SE of EGKK

Hi Ricardo,

I've tracked down to airport sceneries by PilotPlus (EGTK - London Oxford and EGMC - London Southend) that replace your excellent ground vehicle models with the MSFS2020 default versions.

I took me a few hours to track this down but it;s these two scenery folders that introduce the problem.

I'll reach out to them to let them know.

Again thanks for your help Ricardo it's appreciated.

Cheers

Terry

2.5 Miles SE of EGKK

I used the Enhanced Ground vehicles freeware from flight sim.to - does a good enough job for me although it doesn’t cater for continents outside of Europe.  What’s the advantage here?

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

@LVFRicardowhy do I have to install a pointless ad program to activate the scenery? Other than that, it's a very nice addition to the default scenery. 

Hi, this is the installer type we use, similar to other shops which use an universal installer.

14 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I used the Enhanced Ground vehicles freeware from flight sim.to - does a good enough job for me although it doesn’t cater for continents outside of Europe.  What’s the advantage here?

AREX brings customized models, sounds and liveries. For Europe we have 7 regions, in this case there are 7 different sets for those regions. The pack you mention I think works with the default models and just puts them on the entire world. So if you fly from the UK to France for example you will have the same models/liveries, whereas we offer different models and liveries for those regions.

• Like 2

I had a very prompt and helpful response from Jack over at Pilot Plus who offered the following solution:

"I am sorry to hear that, I think I may understand what is causing this.

I assume it's likely due to the fact that we have utilised custom "Living World" files, this file simply allows us to define the types of vehicles that should be present in and around the airport.

To test this, you can always try the following steps (will remove the living world config, potentially causing unwanted vehicles at the airport):
1) Locate the "LivingWorld_Config" folder in London Oxford or London Southend
2) Open the folder and delete the .SPB file found inside.
3) Back out to the top level of the folder, and find the layout.json file
4) Find the lines relating to the living world file, and delete these before saving changes"

This worked for me and I hope this helps anyone who has the same problem I had.

Cheers

Terry

2.5 miles SE of EGKK