Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 beta sign-ups now open!

1 hour ago, TENPATROL said:

Good joke 🤣

I see no joke anywhere. But we can't talk about that. 🤐

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I guess it's too late for me to join. I don't see it in the list.

image.png

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hopefully they'll listen to your suggestions....cause that didn't happen in alpha haha.

This is exactly why I have no interest in this.  Unfortunate.  It's just a data collection.

• Upvote 2

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Yea this is not the correct way to insure safe and relatively bug-free patches moving forward...in fact this is likely to  further complicate the problem. NDA for patches/updates? Thats the very last thing you want to do and shows their complete misunderstanding of what's really needed to improve their patching and updating process. MS/Asobo have you not learned enough from X-plane? You've copied many things from them but not the way they do updates/patches. Start doing it the same way as they do it.

Forget sign-ups, forget NDA, geez...open it up is what you need to do here. I dont understand why youd think that keeping things in beta a secret is a good idea for patches/updates...you want to let it all hang out with no hiding so the players can openly talk and discuss their findings with the  beta. This way you dont restrict the feedback to sign-ups and vetted testers, please do this right and open it all up completely. Re think this.

Have a separate beta version download for those who want it, and a safe officially released version. When all the changes in the beta are deemed safe you then take that RC and turn it into the new officially released version that everyone can download. You have a simple webpage portal setup that vets bug reports on the beta releases along with a beta forum for pireps which is open for public discussion, and not closed off/hidden.

Both the X-plane and Arma franchises have been doing it this way for 20+ years now and it seems to work well enough for large updates/patches. Also gives everyone the option to participate if they choose to do so, or they can choose to not participate and just stay with the safe official releases when it eventually gets updated. 

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

It is sort of incredible how every little change becomes a clumsy affair with Microsoft.

- They announce the availability of the beta at 8am PDT then run into some issue (again) and doors open only three hours later.
- Signing up force some users to download an update from the store that resets the location of the game files and triggers a redownload of the whole ~100GB
- Possibly because of the above, the beta program seems to have vanished for most, not showing anymore in the Xbox Insider Hub.

Amusing

1 hour ago, peroni said:

It is sort of incredible how every little change becomes a clumsy affair with Microsoft.

- They announce the availability of the beta at 8am PDT then run into some issue (again) and doors open only three hours later.
- Signing up force some users to download an update from the store that resets the location of the game files and triggers a redownload of the whole ~100GB
- Possibly because of the above, the beta program seems to have vanished for most, not showing anymore in the Xbox Insider Hub.

Amusing

I hope you're not surprised.... 🙂