Sign in to follow this  
noels7

FBW a32nx does not follow flight plan

I am trying to get the aircraft to follow the flight plan but have had no success.

Research revealed a suggestion to increase Dead Zone in the controls.

I am using latest Development version of the aircraft with naturally latest version of MSFS. and Saitek X56 .

Would appreciate assistance/advice what would be suitable Dead Zone settings to see if that fixes the problem.

TIA

noels7

Noel Southam

1 hour ago, noels7 said:

I am trying to get the aircraft to follow the flight plan but have had no success.

Research revealed a suggestion to increase Dead Zone in the controls.

I am using latest Development version of the aircraft with naturally latest version of MSFS. and Saitek X56 .

Would appreciate assistance/advice what would be suitable Dead Zone settings to see if that fixes the problem.

TIA

noels7

For the deadzone setting, I use 10% for all axis and solves the problem for banking right or left. 

Additionally, when I realise that A320NX do not follow the plan I see self generated USR points in the plan and I delete them to follow the plan properly. This may help you . Happy flyings.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I'm not sure if you are having issues with the AP swaying left to right, or, skipping waypoints and flying in whatever direction it wants.

If the later, HDG mode is truly your best friend. The FBW A32NX uses the defaul5 Asobo autopilot and navigation. It will refuse to delete waypoints, fly direct to certain fixes, and has no VNAV functionality. Sometimes you have to pretend you are flying a steam gauge 172, and fly one waypoint to the next using headings, and calculating TOD etc with your good ol E6B.

This is a temporary solution. Things will get better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 hours ago, noels7 said:

With the recent Development version, the Speed and Heading appear to be set to "selected" by default upon start up. Once the flight plan is loaded, switch those two to "managed" (dashes in the display) and you should be good to go. The PFD will show the route as a dashed line until the Heading is switched to managed. Once switched the PFD will show the route as a solid line.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Plus they added floor protection which already deactivated my AP several times when climbing too steep and restracting flaps too early after takeoff. Requires some manual handling of the neo then to make the AP connect 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Many thanks everyone for your assistance.

Will try suggestions later today and report progress.

noels7

Noel Southam

Are you familiar with the difference between Airbus' managed mode, selected mode and how those are set and displayed on the screens and panels?

To follow the flightplan in the box you want the aircraft in managed mode. Check the flight directors are on (is the green tell tale on the FD button lit?) and look at the PFD. Top row should say something like:

CLB | ALT | NAV |   | 1 FD 2 / 1 AP.

If you see this it's telling you your auto throttle is on and the thrust levers are in the climb detent; the aircraft is climbing to the altitude set (either a height restriction or whatever you've set, whichever is lower); navigation mode is engaged (LNAV in Boeing speak, it's following the route automatically); and flight directors and autopilots are set.

The cheat way is to look at the FCU (long panel, top of the dash) and see whether it's all dots and dashes or whether there are numbers there. Numbers = you're driving (except altitude), dashes and dots = autopilot is doing all the hard work.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

24 minutes ago, ZeNiix said:

Check your HDG knob, must be in managed

You do reealise the post you answered is nearly a year old, and the systems on the FBW A320 have improved since.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Managed mode. Had to put in a hold at my IAF to not overfly the entire approach by 6,500 feet. That said, this is an experimental build and a work in progress. It's way better than default and all I can really say to the devs is... great work, keep it up!

EDIT: Holy necro-post. I thought this was the FBW thread about the VNAV busting constraints. Didn't realize someone necro'd a thread that needs carbon dating.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I'm not sure how much time the devs are able to devote to this project but what they have achieved so far is a fantastic effort. Hopefully we'll get some more updates soon because I really love this aircraft and you can't compare it to commercial production where it's all systems go and it's still not enough. Keep it up guys.

LOL the necro thread that just won’t die.🤣

But yeah, the A32NX is brilliant.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor