Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Orbx vs FSDT KEYW

I was an early adopter of the FSDT Key West scenery.   I believe the initial thread announcing the scenery was posted here at AVSIM.  I made a little post saying that it would have been nice if they had included the Fort Jefferson / Dry Tortugas National Park, found further west of Key West.   Within a couple of weeks, if not less, FSDT offered a free update to their Key West scenery that now included it.  They won me over as a fan and customer, right there.

I've got several hundred dollars invested in Orbx products for FSX and MSFS and love how they improved FSX over the years.  

I just saw the video comparing the two but I don't think that differences in FPS were mentioned.  That may be something to consider, as well.

You honestly can't go wrong with either company's product but already having the FSDT version with the added Ft. Jefferson scenery, would be my recommendation.  

• Upvote 2

Alexander Alonso

40 minutes ago, FlyAndFight said:

I was an early adopter of the FSDT Key West scenery.   I believe the initial thread announcing the scenery was posted here at AVSIM.  I made a little post saying that it would have been nice if they had included the Fort Jefferson / Dry Tortugas National Park, found further west of Key West.   Within a couple of weeks, if not less, FSDT offered a free update to their Key West scenery that now included it.  They won me over as a fan and customer, right there.

I've got several hundred dollars invested in Orbx products for FSX and MSFS and love how they improved FSX over the years.  

I just saw the video comparing the two but I don't think that differences in FPS were mentioned.  That may be something to consider, as well.

You honestly can't go wrong with either company's product but already having the FSDT version with the added Ft. Jefferson scenery, would be my recommendation.  

FSDT definitely update Key West regularly and have added features with each update, not just fixed problems, and they also seem to pay attention to their users.

Orbx of course also update their products regularly as well. They are both reputable developers.

56 minutes ago, FlyAndFight said:

It certainly is worth considering.   What I really appreciate in the default airports is they look so good compared to default P3D, are ultimately serviceable as it were, and they are very balanced performance-wise.  All of the 3rd party airports I've purchased have had serious hits on performance, which ultimate means if I'm using that airport in the flight plan we need to reduce sliders significantly and some drastically.  The saving grace is that even turned down it's still very good.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, saifs said:

And EGHI Southampton! Been waiting for Orbx to do that one for ages - had in xplane11 and was my goto airport. With the awesome Southampton photogrammetry one would have imagined it would be a no brainer to do. 

Rant over. Sorry. Didn't mean to divert the conversation from the topic! 

Bit off topic but I agree.  I had their EGHI for P3D.  It was really good with moving trains at the station and well modelled surrounding buildings.