Sign in to follow this  
BoeingBonkers

Back again!

What a difference the community and simulators have gone through these past 7 years I have spent away from flight simulator! The last forums I was on were fs2002.com and fs9.org. I had never heard of P3D years ago. I finally have a system that will run FSX (I'm always one simulator behind) The biggest change for me is the 2D panels I'm struggling with this Virtual Cockpit stuff, I've even bought TrackIR 5 to help me along the way! Glad to see the Library is still here with great freeware stuff although I am thraping my credit card buying all the new stuff that has come out. I mean really I am running out of money fast hehe.

Looking forward to getting stuck in again. Ill health means I spend more time at home and hence more time on the simulator so have plenty of time on my hands!!

• Upvote 1

Matthew Moore

Welcome back! 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Welcome to Avsim and welcome back to flight simulations.  TIR is great, but there is a learning curve.  It  took me quite a while to get used to slowly turning my head to look around in the virtual cockpit and to learn the limits of TIR.  Yours is a TIR 5, which will be much more precise that my old, but still fully functional, TIR 3-Pro.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to Avsim and have fun getting back into flight simulation. There are a few of us out there still running FSX so you should be able to find help and advice on most aspects of it here on Avsim. Hopefully you will get used to virtual cockpits rather than 2D cockpits. In my early FS9 days, I was one of those who always flew from the 2D cockpits but as the quality of virtual cockpits improved and 2D cockpits started to disappear, my opinion changed 180 degrees. Now I never fly from anything other than the VC and the only 2D panels I occasionally use will be popups for something like the autopilot or radios when these are not situated on the main panel (as I stopped using Track IR). 

If you don’t already have one and haven’t completely trashed your credit card by this stage, could I suggest consider getting a good weather addon (weather engine and textures). For me, this was perhaps the single thing that most increased the overall sense of immersion when using FSX.

Bill

Edited by scianoir