Sign in to follow this  
whisky

Majestic Q400 cause crash

6 hours ago, whisky said:

Here is the fix instructions from Majestic 

Q400 PILOT edition x64 version 1.021 rev 2 dll fix

This patch fixes the authentication problem in the original dll. Please utilize it only if getting a CTD or erroneous system functions in your Q400 PILOT edition x64 version 1.021

Installation:

1. Using Windows Explorer, open the following path from within your Prepar3D root location
\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\panel

2. unzip the included mjc84_main.dll overwriting the existing file

Needless to say did not work, will be looking for a refund.

If a fault was detected in June last year, why is a downloaded file of May this year not have the fix included?

Sorry things did not work out.

initial install was as admin?

Yes, installed as Admin.  Always

11 minutes ago, whisky said:

Yes, installed as Admin.  Always

What did you mean by did not work? CTD? Did not load?

What is your version of windows and Nvidia Driver version?

Just checked the Sim to check on the Q400, all's running well W10 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055) and Nvidia Driver 466.47

51244326209_b56248fce6_k.jpg

51243562351_dfe6a485e4_k.jpg

51243562656_b7bf654407_k.jpg

Ticket sent to Majestic Support?

I answered these questions twice previously.

I have been following a thread on Majestic support about this issue.  Same solution offered, but a .cfg file sent by another respondent did not go well.  Now I have dark panel, nothing working, i.e switches, levers etc.

Have uninstalled, (3rd time) says I only have 1 install left.

I need to go back to a clean install, then load the file supplied but film shoot next 4 days holds things up a bit.  Also will not have internet for most of this time.  Will keep you posted when I cna give this due attention.

Many thanks for your assistance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, whisky said:

I answered these questions twice previously.

I have been following a thread on Majestic support about this issue.  Same solution offered, but a .cfg file sent by another respondent did not go well.  Now I have dark panel, nothing working, i.e switches, levers etc.

Have uninstalled, (3rd time) says I only have 1 install left.

I need to go back to a clean install, then load the file supplied but film shoot next 4 days holds things up a bit.  Also will not have internet for most of this time.  Will keep you posted when I cna give this due attention.

Many thanks for your assistance.

No problems, sorry for asking again as you had changed your videocard.

Ok, will also keep a lookout for possible solutions.

I've been following this thread...I feel bad that you've had so many issues with your installation.

I really do hope you get this working on your system...it's such a great aircraft.

A couple of posts above, you mentioned that you used someone else's cfg file...I'm wondering if that is not a clue in itself.

I'm wondering if there may be an issue with your .ini file (which likely caused the conflict with the borrowed cfg file).

Every installation I've done (while upgrading P3D over the years), I automatically go to the configuration manager to set my Q400 parameters/preferences before I load the sim for the first time. I'm sure other long time users have done the same thing.

I'm wondering if you have a corrupted ini file? Have you run the Q400 configuration manager before loading the sim?

Just a thought...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rmeier said:

I've been following this thread...I feel bad that you've had so many issues with your installation.

I really do hope you get this working on your system...it's such a great aircraft.

A couple of posts above, you mentioned that you used someone else's cfg file...I'm wondering if that is not a clue in itself.

I'm wondering if there may be an issue with your .ini file (which likely caused the conflict with the borrowed cfg file).

Every installation I've done (while upgrading P3D over the years), I automatically go to the configuration manager to set my Q400 parameters/preferences before I load the sim for the first time. I'm sure other long time users have done the same thing.

I'm wondering if you have a corrupted ini file? Have you run the Q400 configuration manager before loading the sim?

Just a thought...

Did a clean install. then the borrowed file, that screwed things up big time.  Then tried the Majestic download fix.  (Should have reinstalled at that point)

So this is where I am at, next move uninstall, reinstall again then the Majestic fix.  I only have 1 install left now.

Re configuration manager. I usually set parameters when using for the 1st time.  Also load calculation, just set it up and use the same load every time.  Have done it this way for years on FSX without a problem.

Will let you know how it goes.  In a remote area with very limited internet and busy filming schedule.

Watch this space.

On 6/13/2021 at 3:55 PM, whisky said:

Did a clean install. then the borrowed file, that screwed things up big time.  Then tried the Majestic download fix.  (Should have reinstalled at that point)

So this is where I am at, next move uninstall, reinstall again then the Majestic fix.  I only have 1 install left now.

Re configuration manager. I usually set parameters when using for the 1st time.  Also load calculation, just set it up and use the same load every time.  Have done it this way for years on FSX without a problem.

Will let you know how it goes.  In a remote area with very limited internet and busy filming schedule.

Watch this space.

If you're going to do one more install (with the remaining install), be sure to remove all the folders from your \SimObject\Airplanes\mjc8q400 directory.

The ini file I was referring to (that may be corrupted) is located in the INI folder (mjc84.ini) within that directory...I'm not sure if modified files are automatically deleted during an uninstall. This is the file that is modified when you make changes to the MJC84 Control Panel program (aircraft set-up).

Good luck!

Well here we go again.  Re installed Dash 8 with careful following of instructions.

Now CTD, can't even start P3D

7 minutes ago, whisky said:

Well here we go again.  Re installed Dash 8 with careful following of instructions.

video driver is 466.47

17 minutes ago, whisky said:

video driver is 466.47.

Rolled back to 461.72, still not working.

1 hour ago, whisky said:

video driver is 466.47.

Rolled back to 461.72, still not working.

Hi

Could you try renaming/deleting your p3d.config and then try restarting P3D?

Rename preferred to allow rollback.

Kind regards

prepar3d.exe.config?

3 minutes ago, whisky said:

prepar3d.exe.config?

Gets to "creating worldwide weather 74%" then CTD

Just now, whisky said:

Gets to "creating worldwide weather 74%" then CTD

Have also deleted Dash 8.