Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

FSX or FS9? What's the verdict

Look Mike - is your comment is addressed to me? SpeedByrd and I are asking an individual a specific question about how his set-up affects performance vs ours, not reinventing any threads. Sorry if it doesn't appeal to you, but hey you don't have to read it then do you? http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

>Look Mike - is your comment is addressed to me? No, his comment was not addressed to you. It's reply cord goes up to post #1.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest thedoggg

I think the consensus is fly both. There is no need to ditch anything. With todays massive hard drives, whats the point in uninstalling anything. I really wonder about people that make statements like "I really miss my Level D 767 now that Ive moved on to X". Why! just fire up FS9 and fly it. If you were foolish enough to uninstall it then reinstall. I still have FS2002 installed as well with some old favorites. This goes for other games too. Just because you have been playing Far Cry (or whatever recent game) doesn't mean you can't fire up good ole Pac Man.Regards, Carlos

>If you have a pretty fast computer FSX and FS9, if not then>stick with FS9.Good answer:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest dpc

Very good answer. It doesn't have to be an "or" answer even if the question is. If you have the room go with both for now.

Guest g3yti

Hi Speedbyrd,well, like you I have invested much money in flight sims over the years ( i think was it really worth it at times!!!)and have FS9 & FSX installed on the HD.For years since pre FS5 ( I think that was the first)I have struggled to be able to afford a really high end PC to get that thing we ALL strive for - fluid motion,When I heard about FSX I was overjoyed that we would have a first rate sim & that MS would have addressed all the problems of stuttering, sluggish frame rates, blurry textures etc etc.My hope were dashes on the rocks of hope when I fired up to be greeted with 10-15 frames per sec, I spent

Really don't understand the point of the post except to start another flaming war. If you want to keep FS9 and to heck with FSX that's fine and vice-versa but I really don't think anyone really cares which version anyone uses. Craig

For me...it's a "no brainer"!The very day FSX came out, I got my copy. Two days before FSX came out, I set up my new computer in anticipation of FSX (pre-planning).Immediately after FSX was installed (flawless install), I fell in love with the new Sim.I have a little poem: "If you have the rig", FSX comes up big!"Thank you very much.

You don't have to see the point.and I DO care which one that others use or I wouldn't have asked the question. I got my answers and I'm happy. You can move on to the next subject now.

Guest g3yti

Hi Craig,Your right of course, just giving speedbyrd my experience of FSX, we all know a "fix" is on its way, but I still feel we have all been let down by MS in its latest version.What had to be said has been said, guess we just wait for this fix.Regards.Steve

Guest Water Mango

"we all know a "fix" is on its way"Let me rephrase this, We all 'HOPE' a "fix" is on its way.Sure a 'patch' is on the way but a 'fix' to the many problems plaguing FSX is a whole other story... :-roll

Guest Stoopy

It's the best invention since the frozen burrito!!!!!!!!!Hey so now that you got your answers and are happy, as you say, are ya gonna buy it???And have you tried the demo?

"some will like FS9, some will like FSX"This is the first time that I note that many people choose an older version of FS. Who, here, ever said that they liked FS2002 more than FS2004?Also, I used to easily tell the difference between FS2002 and FS9 screen shots. I would look at FS9 screen shots and go "WOW". Now I have to always guess or ask to see if a screen shot is FSX of FS9. I am not blaming ACES. The fact is that in 3 years, the hardware technology stayed very stagnent (till core duo's came out). So many improvments in FSX are not realized in most people's systems.

Guest Water Mango

"Even if you have the rig FSX runs like a pig!" Thank you Very Much... :-hah The Fine Print:Performance may vary based on how many key features you wish to turn off and how many unofficial tweaks you wish to try.