Sign in to follow this  
Guest david W.

FSX Lear-45 Speed Brake

Guest N247K

I have begun experimenting around with the Lear-45 in FSX.My real-world flying is in something that cruises 400kts slower, and this will require some adjustment.I do notice I cannot use partial speed brake settings ... it is all or none.Am I missing the fine-art of speed-braking?Thanks!John

The default planes are very basic emulations of their real world counterparts. Any high quality addon will let you manipulate the speed brakes as you could in the real thing.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest N247K

I'm almost certain partial speed-braking was possible in FS-9.I no longer have it installed, and could not confirm it.I guess a new panle might be in order, as I am certain it is a function of this.Maybe ... just maybe in the "panel.cfg"?!?!?!?

I just tried, I could only pull it as far as armed, once I pulled it past "arm" it goes all the way or none at all.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

In both FS9 and FSX, if you assign the speed brakes to a controller axis (such as the "prop" lever on a CH Yokd, then you can have variable speed brake control...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest d.lahrman

Thanks, Bill. I've been wrestling with that thing for a long, long time. I can slow much smoother now.

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Howdy, I know in FS-9 to just arm the speed brake is (shift-/) or (shift-) Happy Landings, Josh

The spoilers on the Lear only seem to come up a few centimetres/inches. Was this the same in FS9? In comparison the CRJ-700 has 3 spoilers that come up to perhaps 80 degrees deflection. Are these perhaps flight-spoilers (to increase decent rates) vs. ground-spoilers (to decrease speed)? [according to Nick Dargahi's 'old' book]Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

>wait a sec. In FS9 you could use partial speed breaks for>the lear!!?As far as I've noticed, partial speed brakes alsowork in the FSX lear. I'm almost sure I've used them, and Inoticed no difference from the FS9 function, unless Ijust didn't notice. But...I'm almost sure they work, as I always use a slight amount at first, and then roll it back to get the speed I want. Full speed brakesin the lear, at speed, and it's like your face will beplastered across the glass it's so abrupt. But I've never had that problem, so I'm fairly sure partial works.I'll run a flight later and double check though.BTW, I dragthe speed brake lever with my mouse if I want partialcontrol. BTW, I try *not* to have to use speed brakes if at all possible.. Sign of a better planned flight if you don'tneed em.. But sometimes ATC will throw wrenches in the plans, and require a quicker slowdown. I plan my descent for about-2000 fpm or so, and usually don't need em with normal throttle rollback. I don't even drop totally to idle at thatrate of descent..BTW... I use only the VC... Maybe it's possible the partialbrakes work in the VC, but not the 2d... Dunno.. I've nevertried the 2d.. But I'm almost sure they work in the VC..MK

Guest david W.

In FS9 the spoilers on the Lear extended fully, as they should. In FSX there is a problem, and they only extend a few degrees.It's one of the first problems I picked when FSX was released, as the Lear was my favourite plane in FS9. I did report it to MS, hopefully it will be fixed in SP1. Strangely, not many people have commented on this problem.