Sign in to follow this  
Lange_666

Cloud / visibility layers flash white on 5 - 10 second interval, any ideas how to solve it?

I get a problem that with lower visibility, the visibility layer or lowest cloud layer will flash white on a regular constant 5 to 10 second interval. It's incredibly annoying, any idea what is causing this?My system is an AMD64 3200+ / Geforce 6800 (93.71 drivers) / 2GB RamAny help would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have selected "updated" realtime weather?The same happended to me when i selected this type of weather and i found it very annoying too. My guess is that everytime the weather is updated, there's a little flash as of re-creating /re-loading the cloud textures again.It did go away once any other type of weather was selected. I therefore now use realtime weather but don't let it update over time anymore.

I get something that sounds similar at FL300+. I get white flashes in the sky that are noticeable along the to foot of the windscreen. I am using Active Sky 6.5.

David, me too, I was getting this on the Dutch Harbor mission, switching between the layers....soooo annoying! It's prolly another driver/GPU issue..GRRR

Same problem here, and I've seen other posts regarding the same thing, so it seems pretty widespread among FSX users. Hopefully something MS will address with its patch(s)? Does anyone NOT have this problem, and if not what vid card and drivers are you using?

Same problem here. I just loaded FSX on my new system and last night during a flight over New Zealand I would get pauses and my screen would freeze. Not sure what the problem might be but do you guys think it might be the in game anti-aliasing?

this is a known FSX bug, it makes using Activesky a nightmare toothe people from Activesky are in contact with MS and everyone's hopeing SP 1 will fix it.

Do you have the Cockpit Tooltips turned on? As I recall this was fixed by turning this off (under Display settings, Aircraft tab). It's on by default. I recall receiving these flashes too when FSX was first released but no longer get them with the tooltips turned off. Hope this helps.Best regards, Jim

Mmm, i do have tooltips enabled and don't have the problem as long as i don't use "updated" real world weather.If it's tooltips that causes this, it's a problem because the VC cockpits are not always that clear compared to the 2D pits + they differ from aircraft to aircraft like in Boeing 737 is very good, Airbus is crap. So i need tooltips in the A321.Solution for me is not using "updated" world weather but only static world weather.