Sign in to follow this  
Car147

Sukhoi Superjet 100 (Flight sim to)

Same, it's a no go for me, hybrid aircrafts. This said, I can understand other people can enjoy it.

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

So if this uses the FBW cockpit but just replaces the external model, isn't this what CaptainSim did but this is free, whereas CaptainSim charged like $30 for their 777?

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Ah well, each to their own.. i'm enjoying it as it flies great, actaully captures the ILS better than a lot of payware offerings, and has yet to loose direction on AP..

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I think these planes are fun. If I didn’t know what the real cockpit looks like, I’d believe the one that’s used. Anyway all the functions are there and there is no harm trying it out. 

• Like 1

Meh. I get it's freeware but do it right or not at all. Great you built a shell, now take the extra steps and do the rest. Why the rush to push out frankstien products?

Edit: Even more meh. It's a conversion of a conversion. We've come to this now. So not much effort at all put into anything.. No thanks even more.  These releases are just plain strange.. Why bother? 

Edit #2:  This stupid thing is basically a broken bucket of junk. Again.. Why the rush to release such trash at the same time admitting you have no clue what you're doing? Come on.. This is ridiculous even for freeware

Things to take note of:

There are some issues I cannot fix without help from anyone who has considerable experience in creating 3D model and sound of MSFS :

• Since the plane still uses the old FSX .mdl model format, it comes with a number of limitation that tI cannot solve unless it is converted to .gltf format, which takes a considerable of time and I only asked Edgar for permission to use the model and not modifying it to another format. Limitation includes no contrail, jet heat, and proper door animation. This also affects the interactive point so the catering truck and jetway may attach to the wrong door. You need to press "open aft door" to open the cargo door.
  • As of right now, the cockpit sits higher than it should since I essential use the A320neo cockpit. As far as I know, there is no way to change the height without using 3DS max or Blender. Even so, Blender is not natively supported by MSFS.
  • Lights will also pass through the overhead panel parts of the wall because, by default, the interior model relies on the exterior model to block lights. Since the interior model and the exterior model do not match, by default, the external model is invisible when on cockpit view and vice versa. This also means some cockpit light will bleed out on the external view.
  • Sounds are a mix of the AEROPROYECTO SSJ100 v1 sound and A32NX sound package. I am not sure how to properly mix sound to get an accurate sound so this is the best I can do now. 

Then the audacity to say you've basically given up 

This project has taken way too long honestly so I probably won't update it that often aside from some bug update for a few months due to personal issues.

A bug update? Bro, this entire plane is a broken mess from top to bottom.  This is a joke right?.. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors