Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

EA : rounded clouds horizon and weird haze

FWIW - With the V5.2 Hotfix. @ F240 Real Weather on top broken cloud tracking KRND - KSAN. No blocking or waffling evident. No cloud mods but a few minor ENVSHADE tweaks. Clouds etc all set to ultra. No performance issues on 2070 RTX Super. I think the updates and changes have just about nailed it. 

rSxEqdl.jpg

su8SDGM.jpg

• Like 1

This is the default volumetriclouds config only. Real WX engine is just P3DWX. The only thing I have changed is some minor tweaks to the haze and light via ENVSHADE (the updated for the 5.2 hotfix version. I deleted the volumetriclouds.cfg and the shaders before doing a complete reinstallation of V5.2 (with the hotfix). No issues with any addons (FSUIPC, A2A etc) or scenery or any other feature. I no longer use REX or AS. I am happy with the cloud and skies and just need to probably make some minor adustments to colourisation to suit my monitor (before blaming LM and P3D - always helps to get to know you own monitor first).

The only other thing I check is that the cloud distance is limited to 80 nm and Cloud is set to ultra (as per P3DWX's recommendations along with their replacement weather.bin file). 

I have been using the mods by Gaden previously. It is probably a little more tweakable - but I am quite happy with the way True Sky and EA is working now!. LM probably finally read the True Sky SDK and manual (They can change a whole lot of stuff in True Sky that we cannot). 

I still think the internal shaders are still giving a dark cockpit but again not all models are the same, some are fine others are still too dark which I guess comes back to the textures the modeller/developer has used. 

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 1

The default v5.2 HF1 VolumetricClouds.cfg looks very good by itself.

The AS VolumetricClouds control was very good to in v5.1.

Just skew above an OC as a test with no VolumetricClouds control from AS and see how it looks.

Than enable the VolumetricClouds control in AS, shutdown AS and restart AS. See how it looks.

You then can choose if you want the feature on or off in AS.

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0