Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

5.2 stutter on change view

Hi...

I wanted to give this its own thread as people are addressing the black screen issue, but not the stutter issue I'm having.

I'm in the PMDG 777 cockpit, getting 70 FPS with 4GB/11GB VRAM usage, tap S to change to external view and the whole sim freezes for between one and 15 seconds. Sometimes I even get the blue circle spinning.

Is this one of the known issues? Is it linked to the html issue and would the workaround help with that?

Thanks,

Ben

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Yes. Only discovered this problem this morning. Several changes of view ok, bit of lag, then slew mode, same. Change airport and location, will do it once or twice, again hangs between window view changes, then bang black screen of death on about the 3rd iteration or airport change. Restart will only get the sim back and operational, just hangs!

I also found that the sim default is set to pause between task switch, I turned this OFF and now no crash between switch views a little lag but if you switch to full screen - black screen of death. Hmmmm!

Edited by coastaldriver

2 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Yes. Only discovered this problem this morning. Several changes of view ok, bit of lag, then slew mode, same. Change airport and location, will do it once or twice, again hangs between window view changes, then bang black screen of death on about the 3rd iteration or airport change. Restart will only get the sim back and operational, just hangs!

I also found that the sim default is set to pause between task switch, I turned this OFF and now no crash between switch views a little lag but if you switch to full screen - black screen of death. Hmmmm!

I have no problems with the black screen of death only stuttering, press "s" to change view

Any tips on getting rid of the freeze when switching views or is it a bug that we just have to live with at the moment?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

for me, when i'm panning in spot view, the fps drops from 60 to 45 for a second and then goes back to 60.. the stutter happens only when panning in spot view.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.