Sign in to follow this  
Icaro_07

Trigger Events

Hello, is there a way to trigger commands via Events? Like when all doors are close the copilot put the beacon light on? Or when the I tell him to do a procedure he fist check the position of an item and then if that item is in certain position do something if it is in another position do something else, or ell him to rise flaps on schedule and he retracts flaps according to F-bug.

thanks

19 hours ago, Icaro_07 said:

Hello, is there a way to trigger commands via Events? Like when all doors are close the copilot put the beacon light on? Or when the I tell him to do a procedure he fist check the position of an item and then if that item is in certain position do something if it is in another position do something else, or ell him to rise flaps on schedule and he retracts flaps according to F-bug.

thanks

No such feature, but since this isn't a "scripted adventure" where you are a sitting duck following hard coded things, your voice can be the trigger for anything.

You could have custom speech commands that will trigger a series of co-pilot actions you put together in a custom flow.

You can have a flow execute up to a point then be put on hold until you ask Fo to carry on or cancel it if you do not wish to proceed further.

Edited by FS++

1 hour ago, Icaro_07 said:

Do you have an example or. Template of this ? 

Tell me what you want to accomplish (what you expect Fo to do) and I'll give you some guidance.

Well, I want to do that, when I tell him “flaps on schedule” the copilot brings up the flaps at certain speed, and other command is “reject” and the copilot tell me when whe reach 60 knots.

If you are the Pilot Flying, with both hands on the controls, it's generally accepted that you make the decision for flap retraction or extension. The speed may vary, based on aircraft weight, wind, weather and if your flying a complex departure, with ATC vectors, flap settings are your call alone. That's why you've reached the god like rank of Captain and get paid many roubles 😊

If you want MCE FO to automatically raise flaps based on speed it doesn't really work that way in real world. 

Also depends what your flying. The Bus only has 1+s and 2 for take off and they usually pull them in pretty soon before going on AP. Then there's the "roller flap" on the MD, etc.

MCE can read aircraft speeds and altitudes and even tell you the wind speed and direction. Just ask verbally and FO will tell you the numbers, to help you make the calls. But FO won't retract flaps based on a speed, that's not his job, it's yours.😉

As for doors, lights etc. You can build a flow as complex as you like. Just add the commands sequentially and test them out, per line, in the Vox Script editor. 

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hello @charlie130 i think you are wrong asuming that all airplanes and all companies in real world retract flaps at the order of the Capitan, i think there are at least two mistakes here:

1.- the capitan doesnt fly always, some times he is pilot monitoring

2.- at least in the embraer ejets the flaps are retracted by the pilot monitoring at the F-bug not at the orther of the pilot flying

The Ejet can take off with flaps four so there are 4 bugs,but if that is the way mce works ill stick with that.

On 6/23/2021 at 4:49 PM, Icaro_07 said:

Well, I want to do that, when I tell him “flaps on schedule” the copilot brings up the flaps at certain speed, and other command is “reject” and the copilot tell me when whe reach 60 knots.

The "flaps on schedule" could in theory just be hard coded and apply only to e-jets. Besides this needing a background thread potentially never ending because conditions aren't met (not good for system resources), it is not currently possible to read "F" speed with E-jets.

We can probably work sonething out for the "reject" custom command.

Could have built-in speech commands like "call out below XX knots" (and other variations), then as part of your custom flow, get him to do what you expect for rejected takeoff and have him annouce speed when below that value.

By the way "reject" being a very short word could easily get recognized by speech engine after you make a noise that "sounds like it", I suggest you secure it against accidental trigger by enabling "Require confirmation" in flow properties.

Why can't you say "flaps one, two three or four"?

I don't understand the logic of having automated flap retraction? I was never taught such a procedure?

MCE is a voice activated first officer, not a scripted autoflight program.

Yes I can say it but I wanted to know if it was possible and to make it more realistic for my needs. Are you are asking me if I know if you were taught that procedure and the logic about automated flaps? Well for the procedure I don’t know if you were taught that, and for the other question you have to open your mind that there are more options that the ones you know.
I think a simple no would be a better answer than trying to minimize my request by saying they are not correct or have no sense.

@Icaro_07 What you are asking for I'm sure the team at MCE could do - but really you would be better programming something that requires a trigger via a Lua module within FSUIPC7 perhaps... you could then call that Lua module using a custom command in Voxkey (I do this a lot with quite a few different aircraft)

The code would be quite straightforward, if you have some patience and a logical mind it wouldn't take very long.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Which simulator are you using?

For P3D / FSX / MSFS - FSUIPC has a Lua module

For X-Plane - look into 'FlyWithLua'

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg