Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Default TBM VC at night

This is bothering me for a long time. I can't see any buttons or switches in TBM VC at night. Since this is my favorite default aircraft I know where to click but it would be nice if at least a little would be visible. Is this maybe an issue of my monitor calibration or everybody experience the same problem? If this is by design... what the heck? Also, there's no cockpit light in the default TBM, right? I was using the mixMugz mod but it wasn't updated since March and it doesn't include the recent turboprops improvements and in some occasions it causes CTD since the last sim update, I stopped using it until it gets updated (if it gets updated).

lMXsy5v.png

Another annoyance is display brightness level at night. How to adjust?

20 minutes ago, Emerson67 said:

Another annoyance is display brightness level at night. How to adjust?

Get the Working Title Garmin mods...they have a setting in the menu (of the Garmin) to reduce the brightness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

This is bothering me for a long time. I can't see any buttons or switches in TBM VC at night. Since this is my favorite default aircraft I know where to click but it would be nice if at least a little would be visible. Is this maybe an issue of my monitor calibration or everybody experience the same problem? If this is by design... what the heck? Also, there's no cockpit light in the default TBM, right? I was using the mixMugz mod but it wasn't updated since March and it doesn't include the recent turboprops improvements and in some occasions it causes CTD since the last sim update, I stopped using it until it gets updated (if it gets updated).

lMXsy5v.png

You need to look higher and further back. There are dome lights up there.

Took the words right out of my mouth. 🙂  Use the overhead map/dome lights to help.  I also recommend the Uwa light mod - TBM930, and definitely the WT g3000 mod (use the systems menu to adjust the screen brightnesses).

Randall Rocke

I experience the same problem, the cockpit lighting is bad by design, even with the dome lights, I use the flashlight for help.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Almost looks like bloom is on..Turn it off especially at night.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Almost looks like bloom is on..Turn it off especially at night.

I always have it on. Never thought of turning it off at night. I generally prefer to set my settings and don't change them for every situation. 

Speaking of settings... being able to save presets would be nice though. Like we had in P3D.

7 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I always have it on. Never thought of turning it off at night. I generally prefer to set my settings and don't change them for every situation. 

Speaking of settings... being able to save presets would be nice though. Like we had in P3D.

Bloom makes things unrealistically fuzzy... especially at night.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

This is how it should look with all lights on. Pretty much all the switches are easily visible.

5uwfB2M.jpg

We are talking about the overhead panel, the rest is fine.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

We are talking about the overhead panel, the rest is fine.

The overhead panel is fine, too. Just need to switch on the dome lights.

VwYkGlT.jpg