airservices

P3Dv5 cpu settings gpu settings

Can anyone tell me witch settings the CPU uses and witch the GPU uses in P3Dv5.2

MB Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Master CPU i7 11700K @4.8GHz GPU Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans
RAM 16MB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance 3200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX850 850 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 10 64 bit

The AVSIM Prepar3D guide goes through which settings are mainly CPU and which GPU, although it's a little outdated now it should still be useful. In general, lighting settings are more GPU intensive and world settings are a mixture. In my experience, the key CPU intensive settings are Autogen draw distance and Autogen density. In v5 you also need to take into account the amount of VRAM - I think this is largely down to texture resolution but I stand to be corrected as I'm still on v4.

Here is the link to the guide:

Edited by simfan1983
  • Upvote 1

Thanks mate will take a look at that

MB Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Master CPU i7 11700K @4.8GHz GPU Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans
RAM 16MB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance 3200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX850 850 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 10 64 bit

2 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

which settings are mainly CPU and which GPU

Would be great if Rob would make a small update of that part of the document... V5, DX12 and EA has probably change the balance between CPU/GPU...

Thanks

Gérard

3 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

The AVSIM Prepar3D guide goes through which settings are mainly CPU and which GPU, although it's a little outdated now it should still be useful. In general, lighting settings are more GPU intensive and world settings are a mixture. In my experience, the key CPU intensive settings are Autogen draw distance and Autogen density. In v5 you also need to take into account the amount of VRAM - I think this is largely down to texture resolution but I stand to be corrected as I'm still on v4.

Here is the link to the guide:

Just had a go with the settings and sure did help me out once again thanks

1 hour ago, gaab said:

Would be great if Rob would make a small update of that part of the document... V5, DX12 and EA has probably change the balance between CPU/GPU...

Thanks

Gérard

I agree, a refresh/update of the document would be helpful for the community I think.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM