Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

the use of Nvidia insp = CTD!!! (in my case)

Why is that??? If I use my normal custom settings in nvidia insp, (wich NEVER was a problem before SU5!)  then the sim wont launch (CTD!)

to launch MSFS (as it is for me) I have to "default" set my nvidia insp.

Any ideas why?

Possibly one of these custom settings conflicts with SU5. I don't use Nvidia Inspector but if it has profiles you might try and create a new profile with default settings and copy the settings one by one until you find which one is the culprit.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Since SU5 i was not able anymore to launch the sim anymore. My community folder is empty, no overclocking, no Apps installed other than the standard windows Apps ... and no solution yet from Zendesk. Neither i found anything that helped me on the FS forum.

So i was very glad to read your (negative) experience with ProfileInspector. Since the early days of FSX i am used to set my graphics in here, and it worked perfect with MSFS too...untill this (horrible) SU5.
Deleting inspector does indeed allow my sim to launch again. So yesterday i took off, but scenery does look far from what it used to be :(( So i have to find again the best suitable graphic settings for my system.  And i have to check which changes in Nvidia control panel are accepted by the sim. I used to set 30FPS with half refresh rate ... and all other stuff like antialiasing etc ... Lot of work to do 🙂

Best regards, Huibrecht

1 hour ago, Huibrecht said:

Since SU5 i was not able anymore to launch the sim anymore. My community folder is empty, no overclocking, no Apps installed other than the standard windows Apps ... and no solution yet from Zendesk. Neither i found anything that helped me on the FS forum.

So i was very glad to read your (negative) experience with ProfileInspector. Since the early days of FSX i am used to set my graphics in here, and it worked perfect with MSFS too...untill this (horrible) SU5.
Deleting inspector does indeed allow my sim to launch again. So yesterday i took off, but scenery does look far from what it used to be :(( So i have to find again the best suitable graphic settings for my system.  And i have to check which changes in Nvidia control panel are accepted by the sim. I used to set 30FPS with half refresh rate ... and all other stuff like antialiasing etc ... Lot of work to do 🙂

Best regards, Huibrecht

Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Windows and then reinstall MSFS?

I had a similar experience last year and that solved the problem.

Regards.

6 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Windows and then reinstall MSFS?

I had a similar experience last year and that solved the problem.

Regards.

With all due respect to jump from trying to diagnose which NCP setting is causing an issue to re-install Windows and then re-install MSFS is like saying I don't know what's wrong with my arm so let me start by cutting it off.

@buspelle have you tried re-enabling your settings incrementally to see when the CTD begins using your settings?  You may also find creating a new profile with the same settings doesn't have the issue.  Could be something in your old settings file.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 5

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 minute ago, psolk said:

With all due respect to jump from trying to diagnose which NCP setting is causing an issue to re-install Windows and then re-install MSFS is like saying I don't know what's wrong with my arm so let me start by cutting it off.

Well, you have a point, but... what if you can't diagnose it and don't resolve the issue?

In the meanwhile you can't use MSFS.

I had a problem that I couldn't solve it, so... I cut my arm and I could play!

😀

Best regards.

Is NVidia Inspector even necessary? I used it in FSX and P3D days but it is not on my PC and I don’t see any point in putting it on. Am I missing something?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

3 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Is NVidia Inspector even necessary? I used it in FSX and P3D days but it is not on my PC and I don’t see any point in putting it on. Am I missing something?

The saying goes .. "Old habits die hard" .. Cannot remember how it works ..too long ago.

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

On 7/28/2021 at 3:50 AM, buspelle said:

Why is that??? If I use my normal custom settings in nvidia insp, (wich NEVER was a problem before SU5!)  then the sim wont launch (CTD!)

to launch MSFS (as it is for me) I have to "default" set my nvidia insp.

Any ideas why?

Because NI can cause CTD's, that is why.  NI provides an interface for some mid-or-low-level driver settings -- and there is nothing new about this causing a CTD in many titles.  For example, years ago I could crash FSX any time I wanted to by using NI to set some transparency AA settings.  Don't misunderstand me  -- NI can be a useful tool to make final visual tweaks -- but you have to be cautious with it.  Change 1 setting at a time, then test and re-test.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB