Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

SU 5 - S stands for Smooth!

Completed a couple of flights in the Longitude and am impressed how smooth the sim now runs. Average framerates 25, previously I was struggling to stay above 15 - this even with coming into Aerosoft's Paderborn airport, which previously would have been impossible on my geriatric PC.

View changes are instant, displays are smooth and responsive. 

I did notice that the scenery was on occasion a bit on the bright side, and the clouds are sometimes pixelated at the edges. But I'll trade visuals for smoothness anytime. 

I panned around like crazy and didn't notice any major frame rate changes or pop-in. The latter probably because I didn't look too hard and don't care that much. Too busy working the cockpit. Your mileage may vary. 

• Like 3

Same here, although after yesterday's small "patch the patch" I got some weirdiness with my USB controllers, never experienced before with MFS - all of a sudden they became unavailable and I had to restart MFS, loosing all of my flight progress 😕

In that flight I was trying to test yet another long time bug - weather - and all of it's faults, including the high T at altitude, the failure to model non ISA geopotential height and so on...

It's far from being stable, bt I have to admit it's jaw dropping whenever I start it for a little circuit 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yup, there's plenty of work still to be done, but it's definitely getting there. 

If I had a dime for every time some one said the sim was smooth after an update or driver update I would be a millionaire.  FSX with 60hz and half refresh rate was smooth.  MSFS is not there yet.

Matt Wilson

yup, looking good for me too, i use gamma 0.9 now, is better, no bloom.

looks pretty well like it does on a sunny with clouds day.