Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

An Open Letter to Asobo post SU5 and Hotfix

24 minutes ago, March Hare said:

there are less issues on a console version. 

There are ? What bugs or lacks of feature  that affect  the PC users are specific to the platform and not in the console version ? Reading the official forums show, IMHO, exactly the contrary of what you say.  The Xboxers are as unhappy as the PC users.

I put aside the CTD in PCs which are not exclusively but massively coming from  addons and not the sim itself. My own experience as a PC user is that the platform is stable.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

There are ? What bugs or lacks of feature  that affect  the PC users are specific to the platform and not in the console version ? Reading the official forums show, IMHO, exactly the contrary of what you say.  The Xboxers are as unhappy as the PC users.

I put aside the CTD in PCs which are not exclusively but massively coming from  addons and not the sim itself. My own experience as a PC user is that the platform is stable.

Let's begin by quoting me correctly (with emphasis on key words): "Nobody should be surprised if there are less issues on a console version."

I'm generalising about the nature of testing on a console vs. PC, with regards to bugs and crashes, and not features or subjective gripes either.

I haven't played the Xbox version of MSFS, but some comments have suggested that the Xbox version of this sim is more stable. Again, I don't know, I was just making a general observation -- if that is true.

My experience as a PC user is also that the software is currently stable.

Edited by March Hare

21 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Let's begin by quoting me correctly (with emphasis on key words): "Nobody should be surprised if there are less issues on a console version."

I'm generalising about the nature of testing on a console vs. PC, with regards to bugs and crashes, and not features or subjective gripes either.

I haven't played the Xbox version of MSFS, but some comments have suggested that the Xbox version of this sim is more stable. Again, I don't know, I was just making a general observation -- if that is true.

My experience as a PC user is also that the software is currently stable.

I noted your if but we are here speaking of MSFS not the general theory of gaming 😃 ! And  MFS is as stable as the console seems to be, at least for me. So far !   When we are speaking of bugs it is not only CTD or freeze.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 9/19/2021 at 7:38 PM, swiesma said:

You know Frank, most here are professional software developers (as well as football coaches, epidemiologist, and experts in several other fields. All at once). 

So if you have no clue please stop defending Asobo and MS. Thanks. 

😉

So I (as a former electrical/electronic engineer, knowledgable in several programming languages, current part-time programmer, real-life pilot, life-long simmer etc) am in good company then.

I would not be so presumptuous or rude as to say you have no clue or to direct you to stop or start anything.  While enjoying the Sim, warts and all, and at the same time wanting the developers to fix bugs more quickly and create fewer new bugs, I think World Updates should continue and I think the developers should be shown respect and encouraged.

Cheers.

• Like 2

As the OP I will chime in here....

I absolutely believe in gratitude, politeness and grace.  I absolutely look forward to the sim blossoming with lots of future updates.  That said, I would still advocate a company wide pause of a couple of weeks to a month with all hands on deck, to comb through the base sim and get things working as they should.  Once the weather, the basic system interface, and the SDK are robust Asobo can and should go back to their incredible plans for the future.  If the sim was stable and robust as a platform, many more developers would be unfettered to plunge wholeheartedly into MSFS, knowing that they could count on a stable base. At the moment, there are constantly changing variables which make for inherent difficulties.

Again, mine is but one opinion and according to my Trolly Dolly, I am frequently wrong. I do understand I do not sign the checks and I firmly believe in decency.

Best- C

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Look on the bright side, guys. There are almost certainly fewer (note the correct word here) issues and bugs in MSFS than there are in Cyberpunk 2077 :wink:

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, FrankPilot said:

So I (as a former electrical/electronic engineer, knowledgable in several programming languages, current part-time programmer, real-life pilot, life-long simmer etc) am in good company then.

I would not be so presumptuous or rude as to say you have no clue or to direct you to stop or start anything.  While enjoying the Sim, warts and all, and at the same time wanting the developers to fix bugs more quickly and create fewer new bugs, I think World Updates should continue and I think the developers should be shown respect and encouraged.

Cheers.

Damit. Do I really have to mark everything with the irony hashtag???? 

I mean - can I do irony more obvious? I don’t think so 🙂

Edited by swiesma

7 hours ago, swiesma said:

Damit. Do I really have to mark everything with the irony hashtag???? 

I mean - can I do irony more obvious? I don’t think so 🙂

Hey, @swiesma, it’s OK now, all over.  Neither the Moderator or I saw the irony, but as the Moderator also said, no harm done.  Friends still.  Cheers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

As the OP I will chime in here....

I absolutely believe in gratitude, politeness and grace.  I absolutely look forward to the sim blossoming with lots of future updates.  That said, I would still advocate a company wide pause of a couple of weeks to a month with all hands on deck, to comb through the base sim and get things working as they should.  Once the weather, the basic system interface, and the SDK are robust Asobo can and should go back to their incredible plans for the future.  If the sim was stable and robust as a platform, many more developers would be unfettered to plunge wholeheartedly into MSFS, knowing that they could count on a stable base. At the moment, there are constantly changing variables which make for inherent difficulties.

Again, mine is but one opinion and according to my Trolly Dolly, I am frequently wrong. I do understand I do not sign the checks and I firmly believe in decency.

Best- C

Hey @cavaricooper, although I disagree with you on one point (ie I think World Updates should continue because many of us like them and the developers have said they will continue because they are different teams and there are long lead times etc) I really liked your post and I understand.  I particularly liked your last para. which applies to me too!  Cheers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FrankPilot said:

Hey, @swiesma, it’s OK now, all over.  Neither the Moderator or I saw the irony, but as the Moderator also said, no harm done.  Friends still.  Cheers.

Yeah 🙂

I will be careful in the future with irony/sarcasm here 🙂

• Like 1

Here is my open letter to Asobo / MS:

THANKS a lot for the efforts to bring this Sim to us. Sure, it has some problems. But compared to the problems I had with P3D, this is nothing but minor stuff.

I appreciate the effort that's put into this software. I am a software developer myself and know how hard it is at times, especially when you have customers (thank god I only develop enterprise software here with no "real" customers).

Yes yes yes, there may be some problems, some have minor, some have major trouble. But I guess overall the Flightsim World never looked better for us.

• Like 1