Sign in to follow this  
SkyFlyerGermany

Paris looks like there was a war....

Hi there,

I´m not sure if this was the case before SimUpdate5, but I think it was:

When flying over Paris, most of the city looks great. But a part of it looks like there was a war. Or if the city consisted of big rocks. I attached a picture. It gets a bit better when I fly closer, but far from good. I also tried to set Graphik settiings to low (I am flying with most paramaeters set to Ultra) and also tried to delete the rolling cache. But nothing helped.

Any ideas?

Bes regards!

Sorry, forgot the picture...But as it looks, I can´t upload sth. (or can´t find how to). Will look where I can upload a file in the internet. Maybe somebody can help in the meantime with my description.

Would you care to share what is meant by sth?  Google reveals several meanings....some not appropriate for the forums.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

charliearon: Thanks for the help with the images. Uploaded it and will try to attach it here. What do you mean with "Would you care to share what is meant by sth?"? Sorry, but I don´t understand. "sth" means "something", but as I didn´t use that in my post, I guess that´s not what you mean.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Links removed as requested

Man, after years of experience with forums, this one drives me mad....Another try:

Paris-1.png

Paris-2.png    

Edited by charliearon
embed photo

@SkyFlyerGermanyThe "rocky" bit is photogrammetry, the normal looking bit is autogen.

Photogrammetry is a textured 3D model of an area built from many photos taken at different angles, it's how Google Earth 3D works. Autogen buildings and structures are generated based on aerial photography (top down, aka orthographic) and mapping data (such as OpenStreetMap).

Unfortunately the photogrammetry sources for MFS that aren't shared with Bing aren't the highest quality and this can give buildings a "melted" appearance that often gets worse as viewing distance increases. Disabling photogrammetry will fix your problem, but the buildings will be less accurate compared to reality (they become autogen). The photogrammetry option is in Settings -> Data -> Data Connection (Entschuldigung, I do not know the German words for these settings).

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

There was an issue with the EU server today.
You should retry now, with photogrammetry ON.
😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, SkyFlyerGermany said:

Sorry, forgot the picture...But as it looks, I can´t upload sth. (or can´t find how to). Will look where I can upload a file in the internet. Maybe somebody can help in the meantime with my description.

You wrote and I quoted you....I can't upload sth.   I just wanted to be sure of what you meant!

Also when using your image hosting site...copy the BBCode and just paste it in your post to embed the images.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Ah ok, just meant "somehting" 😉

Well, I know about photogrammetry, but I didn´t know that it looks like this when bing data is bad. What is really interesting besides that: Why are the other buildings autogen and not even photogrammetry? The other thing: I think in Paris the bing data should be quite good.

The pics are from days ago (and I tested it 2 days later), so todays server problems can´t be the reason.

So how does that part of Paris look at your own PCs?

Interestingly I had the same thing Hamburg yesterday. Is there any Graphic-setting that has influence on the distance in which the sim preloads the buildings?

Tested several cities.

London: Same

Manhattan: Same, but not that bad.

I flew often in Manhatten before SimUpdate5 and never experienced this. It may be that I simply didn´t recognize it, but that would be really weired....So it comes to my mind if this has something to do with the Update. Or if my graphic card has been damaged for any reason. I know, my PC isn´t that high end (i7 8700, RTX2070, 16GB Ram, SSD), but in big cities it is that bad, that you can hardly fly VFR. I think at least if I use the low graphic settings that shouldn´t be the case...

Or is this simply "normal" for FS2020? I hope it is not...

10 minutes ago, SkyFlyerGermany said:

...Or if my graphic card has been damaged for any reason...

No.  It will either be slow rate of data from the server, or a settings issue.

I turn photogrammetry off now anyway for a better experience.  Most of the buildings are still there.  You could try it and see what you think.  at least you wont get the 'melted' appearance.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hm, I tested this before, but to be honest, the photogrammetry is one of the key features I like about the FS2020. So that´s not really an option. I have a 50MBit connection that should be enough, shouldn´t it?

29 minutes ago, SkyFlyerGermany said:

Hm, I tested this before, but to be honest, the photogrammetry is one of the key features I like about the FS2020. So that´s not really an option. I have a 50MBit connection that should be enough, shouldn´t it?

50Mb is plenty.

The issue is not at your end.

Melted scenery is usually a sign of problems at the server end. Often around update time the servers get overloaded with players and cannot cope.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1