Sign in to follow this  
matrosov

Amazon Polly voices with P2A issues.

use aws-cli 2.7.9 ans P2A 2.6.3.2 Beta3 only with no neural voice, only standard, conversational and newscaster. 

It's start-up correctly 90% off time, is better.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Aikadil said:

use aws-cli 2.7.9 ans P2A 2.6.3.2 Beta3 only with no neural voice, only standard, conversational and newscaster. 

It's start-up correctly 90% off time, is better.

I also installed the latest version using AWS CLI 2.x .  Here is that is working for me.  

• First launch "PolyPlayer"
  • Choose first voice "Amazon Poly - Arabic - Zeina (Standard)" and type 'Hello".  Then click "Say It".  This seems to initialize some windows underlying voice stuff that P2A needs.
  • Then launch Pilot2ATC and voices starts working most of the time.  

Here are the voices I am using 

hdr9nPj.png

I don't know how the "random" voice works, but that will be so awesome. 

• Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

To use Random voices, clear all of the Voices you have set for controllers, leaving only the ATIS and Copilot voices set.

Check  the "Use Random Voices" option at the bottom.

Then you will have random voices.

Dave

20 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

To use Random voices, clear all of the Voices you have set for controllers, leaving only the ATIS and Copilot voices set.

Check  the "Use Random Voices" option at the bottom.

Then you will have random voices.

Dave

What will happen to the voices that are not compatible? Will random use them?

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

P2A only loads the SAPI5 Desktop voices because that's all it can see.

Random will select a voice and try to load it.  If it can't load it, for whatever reason, it will use a "default" voice and log the error in the P2A log file.

Dave

• Like 1

i have this same problem with the Amazon Polly voices and P2ATC. they always work fine in the Windows TTS settings screen or the Polly SayIt thing, but with P2ATC it may be 3 or 4 restarts of the app before it works. i am already using the latest AWS CLI.

i'm not saying this is a P2ATC problem, but i wonder if there might be a work around that could be implemented. of course that depends entirely on what the real source of the problem is, but if, for example, it was because Polly can sometimes take a second or two to return the playback sound, maybe P2ATC could have an (optional) delay of half a second or whatever? i'm just grasping for straws but it may be something like that.