Sign in to follow this  
nauzder

Flaps (Approach), Button control, FFS2Crew FBW A32NX

Greetings to all, I am asking for guidance on how to lower the flaps during the approach process, what is the appropriate altitude level to lower the flaps during the approach process? this is because some of my attempts failed to lower the flaps and the FS2crew always responded "are you sure?" without flaps can be lowered. hopefully there are some of you who can help me. thank you.

I don't have FS2Crew, but in general, flaps lowering will depend on the speed of the aircraft.  There should be a plaque or something similar on the aircraft panel that lists the proper speed for each flap position.

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I don't have FS2Crew, but in general, flaps lowering will depend on the speed of the aircraft.  There should be a plaque or something similar on the aircraft panel that lists the proper speed for each flap position.

Greetings to you, thanks for the feedback. For the record, I have followed the correct process as stated by FS2crew, and also according to the set speed, even up to, for example up to 140 knots, FS2crew still states “are you sure”. This is what confuses me. there may be a process I haven’t implemented but I’m not sure in which part I’m missing out. thank you.

"Are you sure" is generally associated with a Checklist.

If you're too fast and the FO will say "Check Speed" when you try to lower the flaps.

Are you looking at the FS2Crew panel to see what command is being triggered when you press the button?

Make sure you're not getting the WASM warning message, because FS2Crew does read the max flap speeds directly out of the aircraft and if it can't read the speeds then things won't work right.

For when to retract the flaps, there's a couple methods:  Decelerated and Early Stabilized.

Read this:

https://www.skybrary.aero/bookshelf/books/4071.pdf

Greetings to Mr byork, thank you for your kind assistant. 

9 hours ago, byork said:

Are you looking at the FS2Crew panel to see what command is being triggered when you press the button?

Yes and I am sure the panels wrote "Flaps1 Approach" steps. 

Anyway, I will read the PDF information first and apply the correct procedures. I'll get back here if the problems still occur. Thank you very much and have a good day.

greetings, once I follow the procedures that have been set, however, this flaps error still occurs. fs23crew managed to lower the flaps automatically on the flaps1 approach, and after being at the correct speed and flight level, flaps2 approach still receives the message "Are you sure about that". In fact, up to 1000 feet of flaps cannot be lowered automatically by fs2crew.. what needs to be done in this process has been done carefully step by step.

speed for flaps 1 (O) = 208knots (fs2crew automatically respond)

speed for flaps 2 (S) = 188knots (fs2crew keep saying that message)

thank you for any solution.

I looked at the code to refresh my memory.

If you call for "Flaps 2", and the flaps are not in the Flaps 1 position, you will get the "Are you sure about."

We did this so if using voice control and the system somehow inadvertently hears "flaps 2" by mistake, it won't set flaps 2 unless the flap handle is already at 1.  It's just a protection against any possible false voice detection.

So make sure the flaps handle is in the flaps 1 gate before you call for flaps 2.

If the flap handle is in the 1 gate, make sure you're not getting any WASM warning messages.

If you get a WASM error message, we can't read the position of the flap handle.

1 minute ago, fijisimpilot said:

I am getting the same message "Äre you sure" and don''t know what is wrong.

What is "WASM warning messages"

If you're not getting the WASM warning message that's good.  That means FS2Crew is able to read data out of the aircraft.

Where is the Flap handle when you call for Flaps 2?

And are you using any external hardware?

Are you using the hotkey?  Or pressing the > button with your mouse on the FS2Crew panel?

If using the hotkey, try it with the mouse click instead to see if it makes a difference.  

The Flaps handle is on 1 before I press the hot key for flaps 2 (cause I had already pressed it for flaps 1).

I am using a rudder paddle, joystick, throttle, mouse, keyboard. but I have not assigned any buttons to use. I only use the keyboard hotkey that I have assigned.

I did use the mouse button to press on the FS2Crew panel but it also says that phrase. Note that I pressed the checklist arrow. So no difference.