Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

AIG AI

I'm not sure if I've done something wrong with the settings for AIG, it does all seem to work, plenty of AI but I've never seen an aircraft land only take off, I've been sitting at YSSY at a gate now for three hours and nothing landing only take off's, at this rate the airport will be empty and no AI on the ground. All the AIG flight plans do seem to be set right as per the AIG settings page, anyone else seen this or is it fixed with a click 🤔 

@doublebubble, I’ve changed A1 to AI. Check in the list of addons in P3D that the AIG addon entries are enabled. You don’t say how many airlines you’ve installed. Do any appear at other airports? British Airways at EGLL?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the reply Ray, yes AIG addon is enabled in P3D and I do have plenty of aircraft installed and they do appear at other airports around the world, installed 32 airlines at this point, Qantas, Virgin Australia, BA, Virgin Atlantic, AAL, United this list goes on, I just would have thought there would have been some landings at YSSY over three hours, there were plenty of international take off's at YSSY, Etihad, Emirates but no landings from either Qantas or Virgin Australia, or am I expecting too much as this is the first time I've used AIG.

Cheers Rod.

Hi Rod,

I missed the bit about seeing takeoffs so that confirms AIG is running. The best way to watch for departures is to install Ai Companion. Then go to the Flight Finder option and select YSSY, Qantas and a day. It lists all movements and you can set the sim time for a few minutes beforehand.

The Live Traffic option will show actual movements.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok thanks Ray, I have Companion and did have a look at it but I couldn't find a user manual, at a glance it looked a little intimidating, I have just fired up P3dv4.5 at set at YSSY at now time and did actually see a Qantas Q400 just land so I guess it is working  but I would certainly like to get more involved with AIG as it seems to work well with minimal Fps hit, I have it set at 1% & 99% with the in sim slider set at 99%.

Cheers Rod 

Hi Rod,

Set Ai Traffic in P3D to 100%. I don't bother with the various % settings for each airline as the number can be controlled from within FSUIPC (registered).

If you choose the Stats option in AIC and select the Airport Stats tab and choose YSSY the busiest day is Friday and busiest arrival time is 0800-1000 local.

It can look a little daunting but is very powerful. It can run networked if you have a WideFS licence.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Rod, a couple of questions.

When you say the AI is appearing at other airports, are they landing ok?

Are you using default or Fly Tampa YSSY? Have you had cause to tweak around with Afcad or anything like that?

Another useful tool is Little Navmap. It will be interesting to see if this picks up inbound traffic which for some reason is being culled rather than landing.

By the way, the AIG forum is also very helpful and active. You just need to register though.

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

YSSY the busiest day is Friday and busiest arrival time is 0800-1000 local.

Friday 1900-2100 local ..... when we all came home from fixing the rest 😁

for now, cheers

john martin

8 minutes ago, vadriver said:

Friday 1900-2100 local ..... when we all came home from fixing the rest 😁

???

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here you go Rod. Singapore A380 landing on 34L with a departure from 34R. Friday 20 Aug 10:40 local.

YSSY_A380.jpg

YSSY.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The first thing to do when you see a quirk in the traffic like that is to check other airports to see if they land there. As mentioned above, what scenery are you using and is it a modified ade?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just to confirm I have the FlyTampa Sydney addon. I would anticipate far fewer movements with the default airport simply because of the reduced number of gates.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 hours ago, Ian S said:

Rod, a couple of questions.

When you say the AI is appearing at other airports, are they landing ok?

Are you using default or Fly Tampa YSSY? Have you had cause to tweak around with Afcad or anything like that?

Another useful tool is Little Navmap. It will be interesting to see if this picks up inbound traffic which for some reason is being culled rather than landing.

By the way, the AIG forum is also very helpful and active. You just need to register though.

I need to check some other airports for landings, take off's are fine, scenery is Fly Tampa YSSY.

Rod

14 hours ago, doublebubble said:

I need to check some other airports for landings, take off's are fine, scenery is Fly Tampa YSSY.

Rod

Okay, as per Ray's comment above, be reassured arrivals are working fine at Fly Tampa YSSY. Check out if this is a problem isolated  to just that airport or not and we can take it from there...

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg