Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Taxigate KMCO error. Need help.

I installed Taxigate KMCO today for P3dv5 and I thought the installation went well. However it didn't.  I get a message every time I open P3d (below) even after numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of this scenery.

My P3d is on drive S.  Here's the message and it has me stumped.

"Scenery cfg file error. Could not find SCENRY AREA.269's LOCAL SCENERY DIRECTORY: S:P3d V5\SIMARKET\TAXI2GATE-KMCO P3dv5\data\LFPG-LAYER UP\SCENERY

Would you like to unload this area?"

I've even tried to load the scenery using Addon Organizer.  I've also tried installing it in my C directory under P3dv5 Addons.  Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Stan

I got the same thing. Just use Addon Organizer and delete the entry. It's a bug of the installer for some. . 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

30 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I got the same thing. Just use Addon Organizer and delete the entry. It's a bug of the installer for some. . 

I deleted it from Addon Organizer but I still get the error upon startup.  Did you fix this yourself and actually have the new scenery installed?  Not sure if you mean to delete the entry in the sim or in the Organizer itself.  Sorry for my ignorance but this is a new one for me.

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I installed Taxigate KMCO today for P3dv5 and I thought the installation went well. However it didn't.  I get a message every time I open P3d (below) even after numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of this scenery.

My P3d is on drive S.  Here's the message and it has me stumped.

"Scenery cfg file error. Could not find SCENRY AREA.269's LOCAL SCENERY DIRECTORY: S:P3d V5\SIMARKET\TAXI2GATE-KMCO P3dv5\data\LFPG-LAYER UP\SCENERY

Would you like to unload this area?"

I've even tried to load the scenery using Addon Organizer.  I've also tried installing it in my C directory under P3dv5 Addons.  Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Stan

I think all you need to is delete that entry.

Eric 

58 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I think all you need to is delete that entry.

That didn't work.  Should this scenery be installed in the sim under Simmarket folder, or somewhere else? 

Happened to me also. You have to just delete the entry in the scenery library when p3d is open.

Think it is just a false installation from the installer. Obviously T2G / simmarket did no quality control before releasing the product.

• Like 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

2 hours ago, pommy80 said:

Happened to me also. You have to just delete the entry in the scenery library when p3d is open.

Think it is just a false installation from the installer. Obviously T2G / simmarket did no quality control before releasing the product.

I did that, and as I expected, it DID eliminate the scenery from the sim completely.  So, I reinstalled the scenery and  I HAVE SUCCEEDED at least in seeing the new scenery and it looks great.  However, the only way I am able to use it is when the message comes up at the beginning of P3d, I say "NO" to the question to unload the scenery area.  Also I manually moved KMCO and the KMCO Terrain entries to the very top of the scenery library in my Addon Manager.  

Unfortunately, I will have to put up with the message at the beginning of the sim loading...unless someone can come up with a solution to eliminate that message.

Thanks for your help.

Stan

I had to do both, answered "yes" to the prompt and, later, remove it using Lorby's P3D Addon Organizer.  

Edited by David Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Using Addon Organizer I had to delete the entry "LFPG - Layerup"

After doing so I receive no error on P3D startup.

Hope that helps,

Thanks for listening,

Kail

4 hours ago, eldar2112 said:

Using Addon Organizer I had to delete the entry "LFPG - Layerup"

After doing so I receive no error on P3D startup.

Hope that helps,

Eldar2112,

Thank you.  Your advice was "right on"!  Elimination of LFPG-Layerup was the fix that was needed.  Just flew out of KMCO for KSAV and Orlando looked great.  Thanks again.

This forum is an invaluable asset that provides the simming community with much needed answers to our important concerns. Much appreciated.

Stan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Eldar2112,

Thank you.  Your advice was "right on"!  Elimination of LFPG-Layerup was the fix that was needed.  Just flew out of KMCO for KSAV and Orlando looked great.  Thanks again.

This forum is an invaluable asset that provides the simming community with much needed answers to our important concerns. Much appreciated.

Stan

Isn't that what I said on the second reply on your initial post? You said it didn't work? How did it work this time?

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Isn't that what I said on the second reply on your initial post? You said it didn't work? How did it work this time?

Sorry, I interpreted your response to delete "the entry"!  The "entry" I interpreted to be the KMCO entry itself.  What helped me in Eldar's response was the specificity of deleting the LFPG-Layerup entry.

I guess that's how my mind worked on this.  I try to be very "cautious" when dealing with scenery.

Stan

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 8:40 AM, spilok said:

That didn't work.  Should this scenery be installed in the sim under Simmarket folder, or somewhere else? 

Updated KMCO v2 installer has been released on Simmarket.

"Dear simMarket Customer,

at simMarket you can now find an update or new version of your product:

TAXI2GATE - KMCO P3D4-5

You will find the link to download this update in your user account -> orders listing -> order number:

KMCO-UPDATE V2

This the latest installer of the new version of KMCO for p3d v4 and v5 that fixes dynamic lights, 3d grass, united hangars  and southwest logos.

For questions and support please contact:

SITE: http://www.taxi2gate.org
FORUM: http://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=312
E-MAIL: support@taxi2gate.org

Hello, All:

I just purchased KMCO for P3D v5 and upon installation received a config error message. There were two were two versions in the download after purchase (v4v5 and v4v5_1) and I chose the one that was v4v5_1 since I am using P3D v5 HF1.

Has anyhone else experienced this issue?

21 minutes ago, pcpilot said:

Hello, All:

I just purchased KMCO for P3D v5 and upon installation received a config error message. There were two were two versions in the download after purchase (v4v5 and v4v5_1) and I chose the one that was v4v5_1 since I am using P3D v5 HF1.

Has anyhone else experienced this issue?

The updated installer, on Simmarket, is named " TAXI2GATE_KMCO-V2_P3Dv4v5".

Probably need to download that version and reinstall the scenery.

Hope this helps