Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

rex airport textures v zinertek airport textures

12 hours ago, liamp51 said:

How is the snow coverage with REX textures? The Zinertek ones don't seem to have any snow at all on taxiways/aprons but some on the runways. I'm not a big fan of that!

I dont think I've tried the REX textures in snow yet!  Will test it out later and let you know.

• Like 1

I caved and uninstalled the Zinertek textures and bought the REX ones.  Options to choose the marking types is kind of nice, but just in general I think the textures seem a bit more polished.  Especially when wet from rain.  The Zinertek ones just never looked like recent screenshots I've seen from people when the weather was wet out (whether default or REX textures not sure) but the REX ones definitely look better there.  One thing I did notice that others have mentioned in the past is the thick layer of rubber marking at each end of the runway can "seem" to cut off abruptly in the distance.  I wonder if this is a "feature" of the "correct mip mapping" that's mentioned in that comparison chart as once you get closer you can see that they don't actually abruptly end but instead feather off like you would expect IRL and many runways still had a thinner line of rubber going all the way down them after the wider spot at each end

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

On 9/9/2021 at 4:42 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

I do not wish to be critical,   but some of these dev's are starting to deserve some derision.

I fully agree, but it's not a matter of being critical or not, as long as we are talking about facts.

I also had a lot of frustration after contacting AWD and discovered they were absolutely reluctant to do anything themselves to help correct the issues of bad textures at TNCM, as shown in your picture above. If I was designing a payware airport, I would never use default MSFS textures for taxiways, runways and aprons, since I'll charging for it, why don't producing the textures by myself?. Maybe they'd to learn how?

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 9/9/2021 at 4:42 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Same,  the textures are quite good.  Much better than default in my eyes.

The only caveat is that you may experience issues with 3rd party airports if the dev has used some of Asobo's default textures.   AWD's TNCM for example. 

Hi all!! Instead of being a lurker I finally decided to create an account here. So, here's a big HELLO to all of you!

I'm the "Steven" in the email you posted re: the TNCM and Zinertek conflict. While I've only seen this issue with that one addon airport alone, Zinertek have gone above and beyond to help get everything working. I emailed their support team reporting this issue and they sent me a file that corrects the issues with TNCM. Got a response same day and took 2 minutes to drop in and test. All better now.

While Rex and Zinertek seems to come down to a personal choice, the fact that Zinertek went above and beyond to help solve an issue with another addon is tops in my book.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1