Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Benefits of MSFS

Yeah way better.

I almost died playing with my chemistry set.

I remember I thought it would be fun and starting pouring everything together. It turned a dark brownish green color and began to foam.
I leaned forward and I stopped breathing! I couldn't inhale or exhale - I totally freaked out and pushed myself backwards in my chair and was able to keep breathing.
That was the last chemistry experiment I ever did. I think that was '75 or '76. We didn't have flight sims then yet. 

See... flight simming is a much safer hobby! LOL

Ciao!

It all started for me on the Commodore 64 as well.  Many years after I obtained my Private Pilot license. (Life got in the way). I have used each release of  MFS and P3D along the way. When I got my PPL, it was in the midst of the 9/11 attacks. That also changed my plans to quickly move on with certifications for Instrument and Commercial Pilot. Now that I am retired, flying got somewhat expensive, but I still hope to put enough away to reach my goal. Flight Simulation has been a nice way to keep the passion alive. It’s great to hear stories of young people being inspired by flight simulation. My one grandson likes to sit by the computer and watch me fly. He asks a lot of question. Perhaps it will inspire him as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pmb said:

Another FS4-Starter.

Same here.  First saw it on a friend of our family's PC.  Hooked ever since hehe.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |