Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

B5gtZx.jpg

Since @fppilot likes context with the pics (I do as well, but get lazy like we all do, hehe).

This is the magnificent PMDG DC-6, in a livery I happened to paint. 🙂

The title of the post should be quite obvious by now, LOL.   

I am currently flying her in a lazy trip across the USA....started at my home base of KDFW, headed generally west and a few legs later, just finished a beautiful dawn flight from Missoula (KMSO) to Bozeman (KBZN)

As I was panning around her, trying to capture a shot that exemplified the mood, this taxi light pole got in the way.  Just as I was about to move the camera in past it...thinking it was ruining the shot, I thought it may make a conversation piece to the insane people here that seem to love sitting at a desk and pretending to fly aircraft (current company included of course, LOL).

This is default scenery...and I'd venture to bet that this white sticker is on all the default taxi light stanchions.   Piqued my interest so I thought I'd share.

On a personal note.  I've had a few major health issues that have taken me from our hobby into the real world regarding depressing topics that I'd rather not expound on here.  So far I have been very fortunate and blessed to have mostly recovered from them (and continue to) and have been slowly getting back into our passion.   Just remember that our hobby is just that, and the real world ALWAYS trumps our virtual one.  Don't ever let the things you've been blessed with in the real world fall to 2nd place in priority....it is usually then when reality interrupts our hobby and bites you square in the A55! (well, for me it was a region not far from there, but you get the point!) 🙂

Fly safe, and be safe! 

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, John F said:

Nice pic. Wishing you well, Steve.

John

Thanks John.

Unfortunately for my painting schedule, I had cataract surgery on Monday and recovering from that...with my other eye scheduled in a few weeks.   The good news is that the surgery was very successful, and I'm anxiously awaiting the next, then the final eye glasses Rx to get my vision clear.

Hard to believe I've been painting with cataracts for so long.  In the pic below....the left side is what I now see when I cover my right eye (had the left done 1st).....on the right, what I see when I cover my left eye.

3jCml1.jpg

The difference is that stark....quite amazing actually, and it's a trip to move my hand from one eye to the other and see the tint change that radically!  My whole world had a yellow tint and I never knew what clarity looked like.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Glad to hear that your future paintings will benefit from even sharper eyes. (I'm probably in the yellow tint zone myself and don't even notice...just dragging my heels on getting them taken care of.)

John

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John F said:

Glad to hear that your future paintings will benefit from even sharper eyes. (I'm probably in the yellow tint zone myself and don't even notice...just dragging my heels on getting them taken care of.)

John

I got it done as my other major surgery this year maxed out my out-of-pocket for insurance so I paid nothing for the cataract surgery (other than the custom Toric lens I had put in)...so only makes sense to pile on all the expensive stuff for the rest of this year. 😉

As for the procedure itself....zero pain and it was a breeze.  Had a really good surgeon and all the trepidation I had before the surgery was moot.

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great thoughts...and, great news...

And, of course, a great screenshot, Steve,...all the best and take it easy...🙂...