Sign in to follow this  
Tokitaumelie

October 7th 2021 - The FSL Control Center

The FSL Concorde depresses me.  It is clear that all of the major addon developers are transitioning to MSFS and probably by the end of 2022 we will have a very nice collection of high fidelity addons to choose from on this platform.  FSL Concorde will be stuck on P3D and I am not even sure I want to buy it with the constant uncertainty of DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG errors plus an older platform for just one aircraft. Hopefully we will hear some good news on a MSFS version.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

FSL Concorde will be stuck on P3D

Sir, let me remind you it's a word not allowed P3D thread. 🤭

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

The FSL Concorde depresses me.  It is clear that all of the major addon developers are transitioning to MSFS and probably by the end of 2022 we will have a very nice collection of high fidelity addons to choose from on this platform.  FSL Concorde will be stuck on P3D and I am not even sure I want to buy it with the constant uncertainty of DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG errors plus an older platform for just one aircraft. Hopefully we will hear some good news on a MSFS version.

I would buy a high-fidelity Concorde for any platform but, if you haven`t noticed, there is a MSFS option on the new FSL Launcher, so perhaps it is coming for that sim as well?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

The FSL Concorde depresses me.  It is clear that all of the major addon developers are transitioning to MSFS and probably by the end of 2022 we will have a very nice collection of high fidelity addons to choose from on this platform. 

All other aircraft planned for MSFS are subsonic. Does anyone know if supersonic flight is possible in that sim? Accurate supersonic flight I should say because we all know only a few people are capable of designing a supersonic flight model that good. And what about the weather in MSFS? Are upper temps even accurate? Without them even a bloody good flight model will struggle.

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

... with the constant uncertainty of DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG errors plus an older platform for just one aircraft.

I’m having some success in slowly reducing their frequency but it does appear a bit of a lottery. No one is saying anything about the issue but bear in mind one thing planned for MSFS is DX12. Optional I believe. Just as well. Frying pan to fire springs to mind. 😉

P3D may be an older platform but it’s reliable DGXI not withstanding. I have no problems with the scenery element of it. Just DirectX issues. There is the attraction of a great external weather program which will never happen in MSFS. And do you imagine the world will look much different in Concorde flights given the altitude we fly at?

It would take something extraordinary for FSL to reverse their decision only to design one 64-bit Concorde. It’s P3Dv5 or bust I’m afraid.

What annoyed me about the latest announcement was the lack of any news on Concorde development. A few lines would have helped but that’s asking too much apparently. 🤨

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

I would buy a high-fidelity Concorde for any platform but, if you haven`t noticed, there is a MSFS option on the new FSL Launcher, so perhaps it is coming for that sim as well?

Good catch, I didn't notice that.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m having some success in slowly reducing their frequency but it does appear a bit of a lottery. No one is saying anything about the issue but bear in mind one thing planned for MSFS is DX12. Optional I believe. Just as well. Frying pan to fire springs to mind. 😉

Ray which PSU do you have? I upgraded my PC with an 850W PSU and I don't think I have had any DGXI issues since.

For my setup 550W was recommended so I went way above that.

I’ve never had a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error as long as I have been running P3Dv5.1 on my current system and I have my slider pretty high. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

This is great news, nice to see something coming out of FSLabs! Hoping for the A3XX next!

58 minutes ago, Fludo said:

Ray which PSU do you have? I upgraded my PC with an 850W PSU and I don't think I have had any DGXI issues since.

For my setup 550W was recommended so I went way above that.

From memory a 750w Gold unit. Professionally built so more than adequate.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

but, if you haven`t noticed, there is a MSFS option on the new FSL Launcher, so perhaps it is coming for that sim as well?

I’ve looked at the screenshots and can only see P3Dv5. Where are you seeing a MSFS option?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I’ve never had a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error as long as I have been running P3Dv5.1 on my current system and I have my slider pretty high. 

The latest is v5.2 HF1. Is there any reason you haven’t installed that version?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The latest is v5.2 HF1. Is there any reason you haven’t installed that version?

I didn't see anything that was must have with the update. I don't use EA/TrueSky. My go to is ActiveSky/CloudArt/Envtex. Since my 5.1 with the latest HF for 5.1 has been running flawless for over a year I saw no reason to update to 5.2. I'll wait and see what 5.3 brings to the table. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve looked at the screenshots and can only see P3Dv5. Where are you seeing a MSFS option?

51565410667_7426ff9ef6_h.jpg

51565409502_9270c86f0c_h.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

51565410667_7426ff9ef6_h.jpg

Well looky there, its Rays screenshot of the Concorde. 😉 I guess only the Airbus users can see it as the Control Center is only for the Airbus right now. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

@Tokitaumelie, there’s nothing there to associate Concorde with MSFS. They keep their cards close to their chest and are yet to make any announcement about what will work with MSFS.

I’d be amazed if Concorde became available with MSFS because that would go against everything they’ve said. One 64-bit only.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather