Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

MSFS just closes for no reason!

22 minutes ago, buspelle said:

I am not a "computergirl" dont know what all those things means, CPU-GPU-PSU... MSFS was working flawlesy until yesterday evening. Then all this started to happend. Now, I get this popuppmessage during the startupprocess, if I like to start the sim in "normal mode" or "safe mode" no matter what ever I try... The sim just closes down just when its about to start up... 

I have i an ACER Aspire GX-281, Ryzen 5, AMD quad-core Ryzen 5 1400, Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16 gb DDR4GB, 256GB SSD +1TB

PSU is power supply unit and your PC comes with a 500W. I had many CTDs when I got my new PC until I changed Graphics cards and they installed a new PSU to fit with the new Graphics cards. Haven't had a CTD since.  I am thinking that much of the problem with my new PC was the PSU. I wonder if this could be causing your problem? When the game is loading up, that may put a strain on the power supply causing it to glitch.  If you knew someone that was good at repairing PCs, that is something they could easily check. This is just a guess on my part, maybe someone else could come up with another suggestion. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I thought I read that he said it is working fine now??

it  is  working    again  but in a  earlier post  he  said he had  the  same  issue  but  for  some  reason  its  now  working  as  normal so go figure

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes Sir, I have run X-box in the background... Spend all night uninstalling and reinstalling the sim AGAIN... No luck, gone trough the checklists from zendesk... No luck, no succses. I dont know what to do? This is too much... Three times of uninstall/reinstall MSFS and the same result... CTD just before the sim will start. And the message saying how to start; in unsafe, or safe mod. Does not matter what mode I try, sim  just crashes before start. I have rund Kaspersky to check for virus, northing. and CC-cleaner,  even a clean install of Windows! Been up al night trying to fix this now I almost falling asleep in my chair, going to bed now guys, like I said, this is beyond me, What more can I do???...😥😥😥

a HUGE thank You for all Your help so far ❣❣❣

Love

Buspelle

Hi Buspelle,

I hope you got some decent sleep last night. A brain refresh can make all the difference 🙂

It seems we are all a little short of some information to help you fix this issue like computer, video and monitor specs and whether you are an MS Store user or a Steam user but then we also understand that only IT professionals or geeky enthusiasts like some of us, would know this stuff. For everyone else it's just a tool that should be working and not just suddenly stop doing so.  

On the bright side, there are some things you have done so far which can now start to narrow this down.  Let's follow through on some them:

Windows Re-install

You have said you have conducted an uninstall and clean install of Windows.  You should now ensure all Windows updates have been done.  Chances are you'll get some that don't work because you will have to install the latest redistributable.  @DylanM has kindly posted the Zendesk links above on how to do this and they seem fairly easy to follow. Go take a look at this if you haven't already done this but I think you must have because MSFS will not install without it.  

Advanced Troubleshooting:    REINSTALL VISUAL C++ (ALL VERSIONS) 

Video Card Drivers

Also, you should take this opportunity to check that your video drivers are the very latest and working correctly, so go to those Zendesk links above and:

Advanced Troubleshooting:  UPDATE OR CLEAN INSTALL YOUR GRAPHICS DRIVERS (ALL VERSIONS).

If you have done the above or satisfied that there are no outstanding issues with these tasks then that's progress towards fixing this because it will eliminate the basics of the Operating System (OS) and the video card both which need to be performing correctly if MSFS is going to run. Perhaps you have some other games or applications that you could test that would make you feel comfortable that the OS and video card are working as you expect?

Hardware Connections 

I'm just putting this out here because I have had some very similar issues just last night.  I have just installed a new monitor and was testing features. But, unlike you I was messing around with game mode on my new monitor, changing HDMI inputs and meddling constantly with V-Sync, render scaling and FPS. Needless to say it was only a matter of time before I got part way through loading, the blue bar stopped and CTD. Like you, on restart in either safe mode or normal I couldn't get any further on loading a new flight before CTD. And I got some really badly flickering screens and a completely black screens, both of which on new monitor is a little frightening to say the least 🥺.

I was in and out of developer mode all this time, and had unknowingly changed one of the settings in there and then just to add to this mess I somehow managed to enter the Data menu and take 'Live' offline which at least explained why Market Place was blurred out as well!  Like you, I went to bed and had a good sleep and with a new outlook this morning I managed to find my problem. Apart from all the misconfigurations I made, the main issue was I was trying to connect my video card to a game HDMI on my new monitor but the cable was not up to the standard required. Black screens and CTD's dominated after that little issue and everything else was like trying to plug holes in a fast sinking ship. 

So, just for me, check your HDMI cables are plugged into the right places. It depends so much on your particular system whether this is important or not and relates to HDMI 2.1 and game mode which is a newer capability that you may not have.

MSFS 

All things being equal, if you are satisfied with all the above then all your efforts to date have been really productive and narrowed the problem down to MSFS itself. That's huge progress👍.

As per @DylanM link above, you should now try one of these processes depending on where you are running your MSFS from.     

Basic troubleshooting:    RESET YOUR COPY OF MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR (MICROSOFT STORE VERSION)

Basic troubleshooting:   VERIFY INTEGRITY OF LOCAL GAME FILES (STEAM VERSION)

Assuming neither of these processes fixed the issue, you will need to conduct a clean install of MSFS.  Now I know you have already done this (was that 3 times?), but the question in my mind is have you done it properly? There is lots of stuff that can left behind during uninstall especially items in registry that can just mess up your new installation and leave you no further ahead. So again @DylanM's link: 

Advanced Troubleshooting:  DO A CLEAN INSTALL

You will especially notice the two links below this heading, one of which is for Microsoft Store and the other Steam so obviously make sure you pick the right one!   

MSFS Settings

If you get to this point and you are still getting CTD's (and you have nothing in your community folder) then it is reasonable to say that it should not be your OS, your Video card drivers, your hardware connections or the install of your MSFS.  You now need to ensure you don't have any wrong selections in your MSFS Options. Go through every menu item and carefully check for anything out of the ordinary. Ask us on here if you are not sure.  Turn on Developer Mode and let us all see what you have ticked and unticked. Some bright sparks on here will see anything unusual. 

Finally

The problem of partial flight loading followed by CTD and then reloading with normal or safe mode, seems to be a familiar problem and kind of suggests to me MSFS option settings, video driver update or video management settings or interrupting an update of some other sort from the market place for example during the load process. Note; I'm not sure if you have an NVidia video card but resetting to another game by accident might completely muck up settings that you or someone else has customised for MSFS) . I think I have killed update processes with the task manager thinking MSFS has stopped responding when in fact it was waiting for some update that somehow got priority. Following restarts were beset with fail to load, CTD's and safe normal starts until finally something reset itself! 

By the way, I just go with normal starts in this case and keep trying that until banging my head on the screen starts to hurt too much and then I go to safe mode for something different and see what I can do from there. 

The point I am making is that hardware issues like PSU's are a possibility but really are the end of the day unless you find this occurring on other applications on your computer as well then it probably wont be the problem. A PSU is not just going to affect MSFS. 

Good luck Buspelle, but I'm sure you will fix this.      

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon
Spelling, clarification.
  • Like 3

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

4 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

The point I am making is that hardware issues like PSU's are a possibility but really are the end of the day unless you find this occurring on other applications on your computer as well then it probably wont be the problem. A PSU is not just going to affect MSFS. 

Good luck Buspelle, but I'm sure you will fix this.      

Terry

The cause of my problems that eventually involved MSFS not starting at all, was a combination of GPU and CPU.  All other programs at that time ran perfectly except MSFS. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310