Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

MSFS just closes for no reason!

Just discovered a wierd thing this morning, after the normal "process" with the startup, when the "blue bar" is almost finished at the piont when sim normaly starts up, it just closes down! (CTD)I have the lates Nvidia driver, and even reverted back o older ones, no luck. One thing i did to make he sim startup was when I started MSFS in "safe mode" but then the content in my contentmanager (products that I have bought and installed) is gone! (all things I have bought, PMDG DC-6, ORBX ESSB, e.g) MSFS was working perfectly last night. There was an update in ORBX central this morning, that I downloaded (ESSB) Could that be the problem? Anyone else having this issue? Tips tricks to fix this issue? Please help!

Best regards

Buspelle

Hi Buspelle,

It sounds very likely that the Orbx update messed up your sim. Simply uninstall the addon and try again. I that's the culprit check in the Orbx forum.

Good luck

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

It is possible it's not the orbx update. I don't have any of their products, but it has started to happen to me this morning, when I downloaded and installed the latest World Update.

No luck, what ever I try. Still closes/CTD just before the sim is about to statup... This is so wierd... Any onther tips/tricks?

Best regards

Buspelle

5 minutes ago, buspelle said:

No luck, what ever I try. Still closes/CTD just before the sim is about to statup... This is so wierd... Any onther tips/tricks?

Best regards

Buspelle

If it starts up in Safe mode, that tells me that some add on you have is the problem. Rename the Community folder, and uninstall all add ons you have until you find the culprit. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's one of the addons. For me, it turned out to be the XCub RTMM livery. I don't know how, but it was messing with the BFL XCub. Bobsk8 has a point there. First, rename your Community folder and create a clean one. Then add your addons one by one starting sim after each one. You'll find it. Or you can copy a half of them at once. If your sim starts to crash again, then the bad one is in this half, if not, then in the other.

i will try tomorow with a clean vanilla reinstallation of msfs... everything from scratch. hope that works...

best regards 

buspelle

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

If it starts up in Safe mode, that tells me that some add on you have is the problem. Rename the Community folder, and uninstall all add ons you have until you find the culprit. 

it does not even start in safe mode or normal mode... 

Just now, buspelle said:

it does not even start in safe mode or normal mode... 

also tryed to empty/clean out the community folder. no luck.

2 minutes ago, buspelle said:

i will try tomorow with a clean vanilla reinstallation of msfs... everything from scratch. hope that works

Before you do that, try removing usercfg file (move it somewhere else), restart sim and let it recreate it. 

\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I have Orbx ESSB and update it from Orbx without any problem, but I have all my Orbx airports installed outside the sim, maybe you should try that option instead.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, buspelle said:

Have you recently updated a video card driver?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, buspelle said:

i will try tomorow with a clean vanilla reinstallation of msfs... everything from scratch. hope that works...

best regards 

buspelle

This is most definitely caused by one of your addons. I had the same issue and it was caused by one of my airports having non-compatible textures. Removed the airport from Community and problem solved. Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

29 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

This is most definitely caused by one of your addons. I had the same issue and it was caused by one of my airports having non-compatible textures. Removed the airport from Community and problem solved. Regards.

3 hours ago, buspelle said:

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Sorry, missed that one!

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X