Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

MSFS just closes for no reason!

I have no addons and I'm getting the same issue. 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

58 minutes ago, Milviz said:

I have no addons and I'm getting the same issue. 

Windows update?  GPU driver update?  Any other system changes?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

nada... however... weirdness... it just started working...  very strange.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

10 minutes ago, Milviz said:

nada... however... weirdness... it just started working...  very strange.

Datastream perhaps?  Elusive! Frustrating!  I have not uninstalled FSX SE, Megascenery Earth V3, Reality XP avionics, Active Sky, REX textures, and two superior MIlviz GA models, the 55 and 310.  All for good reason. 

MSFS is great. When it is time to fly, it is time to fly!  If I owned two aircraft IRL and one was grounded?  I'd fly the other!  It is about flying. All about flying!  And if I want to fly a 310?  Then I fly a 310.....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

Datastream perhaps?  Elusive! Frustrating!  I have not uninstalled FSX SE, Megascenery Earth V3, Reality XP avionics, Active Sky, REX textures, and two superior MIlviz GA models, the 55 and 310.  All for good reason. 

MSFS is great. When it is time to fly, it is time to fly!  If I owned two aircraft IRL and one was grounded?  I'd fly the other!  It is about flying. All about flying!  And if I want to fly a 310?  Then I fly a 310.....

I have almost 600 hours in MSFS, and since my PC was repaired about 6 months ago, I have had not one problem with any flight. Most reliable sim I have ever owned. Now, I don't load the Community Folder , so maybe that is why I don't have any issues. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

42 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have almost 600 hours in MSFS, and since my PC was repaired about 6 months ago, I have had not one problem with any flight. Most reliable sim I have ever owned. Now, I don't load the Community Folder , so maybe that is why I don't have any issues. 

Doesn't  explain  why  Milviz  had the  same issues  and he  had  no  addons

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

Doesn't  explain  why  Milviz  had the  same issues  and he  had  no  addons

I thought I read that he said it is working fine now??

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have almost 600 hours in MSFS, and since my PC was repaired about 6 months ago, I have had not one problem with any flight.

I am close to that experience since a totally fresh reinstall after SU5 and the following HF's.  Have still had occasional CTDs which I believe were all due to addons.  The worst experience since then was installing WU5 which for many of us with MS Store installations was a total catastrophe. 

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

This is totaly crazy! What has happend?! I did a complete "blowout" of my computer, And downloaded MSFS from scratch again! A clean Vanilla install. But STILL MSFS shuts down just before its ready to start!!! I have tryed everything. Removed everything in my computer that is related to MSFS before i did a fresh install, and started from "zero"... and just CTD before the sim normaly "kicks in" No matter what I do!

Please help me! This is beyond me...

Are you overclocking your CPU or GPU? Any peripherals connected? Background apps?

48 minutes ago, buspelle said:

This is totaly crazy! What has happend?! I did a complete "blowout" of my computer, And downloaded MSFS from scratch again! A clean Vanilla install. But STILL MSFS shuts down just before its ready to start!!! I have tryed everything. Removed everything in my computer that is related to MSFS before i did a fresh install, and started from "zero"... and just CTD before the sim normaly "kicks in" No matter what I do!

Please help me! This is beyond me...

This is a bit of a wild card, but by sheer chance I had this bug when I was just starting out developing for MSFS, it drove me nuts for ages. I discovered that a work-around was to start my PC, then immediately Re-Start it ( not shut down, use the ReStart function ). Something in each boot-up was causing the sim to malfunction and shut down either during start up or within minutes of starting a flight. Give it a try.

The longer-term solution was to remove over-clocking, which MSFS does not like. That permanently solved the problem. Hope it helps.

Thanks my lovley dear freinds, but I have no overclock, nothing "odd" installed, no nothing... This just appeard out of the blue yesterday... I am almost in tears now...

Love

Buspelle

What are your PC specs,  CPU-GPU-PSU?   

I am not a "computergirl" dont know what all those things means, CPU-GPU-PSU... MSFS was working flawlesy until yesterday evening. Then all this started to happend. Now, I get this popuppmessage during the startupprocess, if I like to start the sim in "normal mode" or "safe mode" no matter what ever I try... The sim just closes down just when its about to start up... 

I have i an ACER Aspire GX-281, Ryzen 5, AMD quad-core Ryzen 5 1400, Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16 gb DDR4GB, 256GB SSD +1TB