Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Press any key to start - loop

On 4/3/2024 at 8:31 AM, pete_auau said:

take  it  its  only  effects  users  with msfs version

can confirm this. my FSX and P3D version are not affected 😉

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 4/2/2024 at 2:43 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Reset means reset. Repair means repair. You need to RESET. Simples. I do it every day and it works! Go with it, don't be scared.

was hesitating since under reset reset it says that the app data will be deleted. not sure I want this. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Trust me, you do. Pete is referring to the Store version or the Steam version of MSFS.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 2:26 PM, MM said:

See also: Push Any Button Loop Workaround. twotonemurphy. 03-21-24

7, yes 7 restarts in a row with Xbox app behaving itself! This method looks like a front runner.

So far...

On the 8th start it's copybook has been blotted. 🙄 Back to my method. Y'hear me DAD? 😁

Edited by Ron Attwood
Update

5 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

7, yes 7 restarts in a row with Xbox app behaving itself! This method looks like a front runner.

When you say that Ron are you referring to 7 restarts of the PC or just 7 restarts of the sim.

The twotonemurphy method did not work once for me so waste of time...I am using the apps/reset gaming services method...

Becoming second nature now..

I do hope SU15 fixes this as they (Microsoft) have clearly broken something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Just noticed a bit of a pattern guys...

If I switch on my PC and walk away allowing it to boot and then get back and sign in (giving the XBox app opportunity to load in the background) I have to use the workaround BUT...

If I remain at the PC and sign in before the XBox app has had a chance to load it loads with me signed in....give it a try..

This may suggest it doesn't like signing me into the XBox app if I haven't signed into my PC....wonder if we could delay the XBox app loading giving us more opportunity to sign into the PC as at the moment it's a bit of a race to beat it lol 

Edited by davenicoll
addition

On 4/4/2024 at 10:02 PM, davenicoll said:

When you say that Ron are you referring to 7 restarts of the PC or just 7 restarts of the sim.

Sorry, overlooked this. Restarting or Starting the PC.

I don't 'Sign in' I have it so the PC just presents itself ready for duty.

I've noticed that Xbox is signed in on start up 'intermittently'.

SROs (Station Routine Otders) are Start PC. Check if Xbox is logged on (My avatar top left corner) is present. If so, carry on with life. If not go through Settings\Apps etc. then carry on with life secure in the knowledge that Microsoft WILL fix it v. v. soon.

🤣

There was a Windows update on Friday and I hope I'm not clutching at straws, but the Xbox app has been logging on automatically and behaving itself since then!

Has anyone else experienced this or am I heading for another smack in the chops?

On 4/14/2024 at 1:59 PM, Ron Attwood said:

There was a Windows update on Friday and I hope I'm not clutching at straws, but the Xbox app has been logging on automatically and behaving itself since then!

+1 Ron