Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Press any key to start - loop

P3D is starting to look good....again

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm going to bite the bullet and reinstall MSFS. I'll clear out everything and start from scratch. Fortunately I'm retired so I have time on my hands. "£"$£$%%^&*!

That's one way to clear out all the mess. Sim is working well again, I just haven't yet got the trust in it. I'll leave it for a few days before I start reinstalling all the aircraft I installed directly into the Community folder and not in Addon Organiser.

Posted (edited)

This issue can almost always be fixed, without having to reinstall the whole sim, by doing the following:-

1. Log out of the MS Store (yes, as already stated)

2. Log out of the Xbox app.

3. Download and run the "MS Gaming Services Repair Tool" ;-

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

4. Reboot, sign back into Xbox app and MS Store

The signing out of MS Store and Xbox app are treating the symptoms not the cause.  For reasons I can't fathom, Microsoft's own Gaming Services app persistently gets corrupted over time.   I've had this at least 5 times since MSFS was released, 4 years ago.   On the second occasion I was told to do the above by MS Zendisk and it has worked 100% on the other occasions.

I hate how unstable MSFS is at the moment concerning lost settings and problems like this!  All down to MS's hubris and faith in it's Fiat-quality Cloud !

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The above is a no go for me...

Followed all the instructions, the repair toll did it's thing...

I can sign into my Microsoft store account but cannot sign into the Xbox app..it brings up my user name, I click that and get a Let's go box which I also click  but nothing, my profile does not appear in top left corner just asking me to sign in again...as I mentioned, another perpetual loop.

Maybe this helps. It worked for me...

From Copilot

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing while trying to sign in to Xbox Live. Let’s troubleshoot this issue together. Here are some steps you can try:

1. Clean Boot:

• Sometimes third-party applications or services can interfere with Xbox Live sign-in. Try performing a clean boot of your system:
      • Follow the instructions on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.
      • After the clean boot, attempt to sign in to Xbox Live again.
  2. Reset the Xbox App:

• Open PowerShell as an administrator.
    • Enter the following command:
      Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

• Open the Microsoft Store, log in with the account you’re trying to use for the Xbox app, find the Xbox app, click “Get,” and reinstall it.
    • Check if you can now sign in without errors.
  3. Delete Windows Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key or open the Windows Start menu.
    • Type wsreset in the search bar.
    • Right-click on wsreset.exe and select “Run as Administrator.”
    • Let it clean the Windows Store cache.
    • Restart your PC and try signing in again.
  4. Check Xbox Live Services:

• Sometimes Xbox Live services may be temporarily down. Visit the Xbox Live Status page to check if there are any ongoing issues.
  5. Update the Game (if applicable):

• If you’re experiencing this issue with a specific game, ensure that the game is up to date. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements.
  6. Virtual Machine Test (if applicable):

• If you’re using a virtual machine, try signing in to Xbox Live outside the virtual environment to see if the issue persists.

Remember to restart your PC after trying these steps. If none of these solutions work, consider reaching out to Xbox support for further assistance. I hope one of these methods resolves the issue for you! 🎮🔧

• Like 1

MSFS, i7 9700K, RTX 2070, 32GB

I'm in...seems the recent upgrade set all my Xbox services to manual so they were not starting...

I have reset them all to automatic and so far so good..

Well that was short lived. First start up = Press any button to start.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Well that was short lived. First start up = Press any button to start.

Have you checked whether it comes from a corrupt cloud save ? Try to fire up the computer completely isolated :

Switch OFF all online functionality in Data

2 Exit the sim

3 Disconnect the computer from the internet (necessary) 

4 Launch the sim which now totally offline 

5 if it works, reconnect  and switch online functionality back ON

6 Exit and relaunch  the sim. It should warn you that  the Cloud and computer saves are not the same and ask to choose one. Choose to upload the computer saves.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thanks for trying Dominique but first I must start the sim, then I could go to Data and then exit the sim. This whole thing makes me want to cry. Not a good look for a grown man.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Thanks for trying Dominique but first I must start the sim, then I could go to Data and then exit the sim. This whole thing makes me want to cry. Not a good look for a grown man.

I see... I didn't understand that you get the message upfront.

Zendesk ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Zendesk ?

Hah!

I've tried all the 'cures' several/millions of times I'm at the point of giving up. I think this is only happening to a selected few. 

5 hours ago, davenicoll said:

I'm in...seems the recent upgrade set all my Xbox services to manual so they were not starting...

I have reset them all to automatic and so far so good..

When I read that I went scurrying off to the Xbox maze to find 'Services'. Nothin'. Hundreds of restarts, prodding and poking (amazing where desperation takes you) the penny dropped. Services in Task Manager! A few more uninstalling XBox app setting the services to automatic and tada!! I don't know why I made such a fuss. 🙄

This may help others.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/i-get-0x80040904-when-trying-to-launch-xbox-app-on/c9adce00-21ae-43d1-8d43-072a04995036

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For the issues getting signed into the Xbox app (or being unable to), you need to go to your Windows Accounts settings and delete your main Microsoft account.   Then reboot the PC and on restart you'll get to re-enter the account.   I've had that one too.

For Ron's problem, yours does sound like a corrupted cloud save as stated above.  That's why, even though you've reinstalled MSFS, it's still trying to load the same profile from the cloud, and failing again.

Here are the instructions for that:-

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409228619538-How-to-delete-a-cloud-save-on-PC-to-fix-some-loading-issues-or-reset-the-logbook

I know....... don't shoot the messenger!  It's absolutely ridiculous that we have to do these merry dances just to get the sim that we've bought running!    MSFS's cloud where MSFS is concerned, is truly scandalous.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)