Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Press any key to start - loop

Well this is a new one for me, tried to start MSFS from Add on linker as usual then got a demand to Press Any Key To Start - did that and Xbox login box popped up, clicked that and back to Press Any Key To Start & up popped up the Xbox login again, ad infinitum.

Tried to start though Xbox app, same loop - tried to start through MS store, same loop - tried to start from Icon selecting run as administrator, same loop.

Have searched on here for "Press any key to start loop" with no success, can anybody point me in the direction of a fix please?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

SOLVED - This may help someone else:

Firstly I found the following on another forum:

1 - Sign out of the Xbox companion app and then uninstall the App (NOT MSFS)
2 - Restart computer
3 - Reinstall Xbox companion app new XBox Application for Windows 10
4 - Sign in to Xbox account
5 - Start MSFS from the App (not from the Desktop Icon or from the Start Menu)

Probably the cause?

On restarting my PC I noticed a message telling me that "another user is still using the PC and will lose all their data". I never normally have another user on my PC but set one up in an attempt to solve another Win 11 problem of no hide able task bar on my second monitor and although I had logged on again as my usual account, the "trial" user was still running alongside my standard one, so this fact might have caused the problem all along?

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Good you solved it. Hopefully they won't replace Press Any Key with Please Insert Coin, may cause some additional trouble

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I "Please inserted more Coins" into these than I ever paid for MSFS Premium Deluxe Gold edition:

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:32 PM, Espana Pete said:

SOLVED - This may help someone else:

Firstly I found the following on another forum:

1 - Sign out of the Xbox companion app and then uninstall the App (NOT MSFS)
2 - Restart computer
3 - Reinstall Xbox companion app new XBox Application for Windows 10
4 - Sign in to Xbox account
5 - Start MSFS from the App (not from the Desktop Icon or from the Start Menu)

Probably the cause?

On restarting my PC I noticed a message telling me that "another user is still using the PC and will lose all their data". I never normally have another user on my PC but set one up in an attempt to solve another Win 11 problem of no hide able task bar on my second monitor and although I had logged on again as my usual account, the "trial" user was still running alongside my standard one, so this fact might have caused the problem all along?

Thanks a lot!!

Well,

I have tried this more than once and am still stuck in the perpetual loop...although I cannot find anywhere to let me sign out...have uninstalled and then it signs me back in automatically only to start the whole process again. Very worrying and concerning as my Flight Sim is now unusable and have no idea what I did other than install the mandatory update.

Can anybody help please...

When will it end? I've got the same problem .......Dave just saved me writing the same thing.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

sign out from microsoft store and then in, helped me yesterday. Best regards

Ralf Andreas

Just now, cseu said:

That's the first issue...There is nowhere for me to sign out...

Posted (edited)

in the taskbar of the MS store window is a circle with your initials or whatever, if you click on that symbol you have the possibility to signout

Edited by cseu
typo

Ralf Andreas

Signing out and signing in has NO effect. A complete balls up.

At least my Task Manager is working well. Albeit on overtime!

• Like 1

as written - yesterday I was unable to start MSFS with the "press any key" loop, PC and XBox reset did not fix the problem, only the signout / signin into MS Account solved the problem, then XBox behaviour was norm. I'm on PC / Store version...

Ralf Andreas

22 minutes ago, cseu said:

That's the first issue...There is nowhere for me to sign out...

Just noticed on my account it says sign in, So I do and it accepts but in the top left my account is not shown, just asking me to sign in again...alas another loop...

Wow Microsoft, what the hell have you done...

• Upvote 1