Sign in to follow this  
btacon

UNITED 93: an objective film review

Wrong site wrong forum, i also doubt that our "flightsimulator" had anything to do with this tragedy.

>Wrong site wrong forum, i also doubt that our>"flightsimulator" had anything to do with this tragedy.True....This is the "make believe" forum... :-roll I'll see it tomorrow. From many reviews by moviegoers, as well as on the spot polls at the theater exits, it's a movie that few appear to have regret seeing. Most would rate it four out of four.In fact, at a poll at our city's theaters, NO one had regrets! I'm just using the word "few", in case.L.Adamson

Guest JSkorna

Hi,Possibly the Hanger Forum would be a better place!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

>>Wrong site wrong forum, i also doubt that our>>"flightsimulator" had anything to do with this tragedy.>>True....>>This is the "make believe" forum... :-roll There were various reports that had at least some of the hijackers using PC sims as training tools. a logical inferrence that can be drawn from this would be that FS2000 was likely used. I therefore stand behind what I have written, but will also thank the AVSIM forum staff for their graciousness in moving this thread to where they deemed it most appropriate.

At least we're better off here, than at Flightsim.com's "outermarker" forum. This subject was over there, last night & this morning. I know that a moderator didn't care to see the movie, and the complete thread is now gone. However, the thread may have gotten out of hand, throughout this morning, when I wasn't around to read. And, the particular moderator might have had nothing to do with it's disappearence.But regardless, your review is very worthwhile. I'm only into make believe a portion of the time, and don't shun events that are real; Or close my eyes, hoping it will go away. I have a son who is in Afghanistan for the second time. Perhaps his patriatism has worn a bit off on me. L.Adamson

Guest baksteen33

Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but AFAIK, not all of the victim's families were happy to see their relatives be put into this heavily commercialized flic. Besides, I doubt this movie reflects the real story (which hardly anybody knows)... If asked, entertainment, fiction and/or sensationalism on the backs of those who passed that sad day is questionable (in mulitiple ways). Just to offer another perspective... Respectfully Jaap PS, the best US-movie I've seen in a long time was 'Munich' by Steven Spielberg

>Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but AFAIK, not all of the>victim's families were happy to see their relatives be put>into this heavily commercialized flic. Besides, I doubt this>movie reflects the real story (which hardly anybody knows)...>>>If asked, entertainment, fiction and/or sensationalism on the>backs of those who passed that sad day is questionable (in>mulitiple ways). >>Just to offer another perspective... >Since just about everything I've heard from those who have seen this movie................is extremely positive,I'll now have a deaf ear to those who have not. They only speculate on what they don't really know...L.Adamsonedit..Note: I've heard several comparisons to "Shindler's List". More of a sobering docudrama of reality than sensationalism.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Larry, fair enough. You might agree not many know what really happended... And wouldn't walking out of the theatre and pretending to know everything be wrong? I know absolutely nothing and choose to remain ignorant. :-) Hope your son gets home safe and well from Afghanistan. Kind regards Jaap

it's not anti-American so it's unlikely to appear in cinemas here.

My opinion is; that to talk, display reviews or even to consider watching this movie is sick, depraved and glorifying a disaster that most civlised people believe as a very sad way of making money. The movie industry has stooped to an all time low with this effort and I don't believe that the relatives sanctioned the making of this movie nor too did the people on the ground that suffered injuries as a result of what was happening above their heads!I. for one will definately NOT be seeing it and no body I know will either.This movie is what I call real obsenity.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

>My opinion is; that to talk, display reviews or even to>consider watching this movie is sick, depraved and glorifying>a disaster that most civlised people believe as a very sad way>of making money. The movie industry has stooped to an all time>low with this effort and I don't believe that the relatives>sanctioned the making of this movie nor too did the people on>the ground that suffered injuries as a result of what was>happening above their heads!>And if the movie industry ignored the Holocaust, we could pretend that never happened too!In this case, this type of disaster can happen again, if enough people crawl under a rock hoping it's a one timer.This is real life.....................get off the virtual one!L.Adamson

No one is denying that it happened, don't distort the issue.I started my post with 'My Opinion' a part that, you clearly decided to ignore.Watching a movie of a disaster of anything has, always been a free choice of the individual. Watching something that shocked the entire world isn't something I would want to pay money for, least of all an act that clearly takes this hobby into disrepute?I am somewhat surprised that you, taking into the account all the post's you have made here, is of a different view? I would like to believe that all of us on here are enthusiastic, genuine human beings and not those who would support actions like this by paying for bad taste?I would also add that, at 65 years, I am definately in the real world sir, seems to me it's a more respectful one than yours.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png