Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

How much drain will AI aircraft cause?

As we all wait for AI aircraft to be added to MSFS, I am just wondering how much extra load this will add to the sim?

I am aware that in FS9, you could add so many AI aircraft that it could actually cause quite a FPS drop, especially at large airports or if the slider was put at 100%.

I have invested in a PC capable of running MSFS well in all areas, although I am only getting 20-30 FPS in places like London. This is just on the edge of acceptable with the ultra level of scenery, but once AI aircraft coming along, I am worried it may drop the FPS to an unacceptable level?

There are 2 threads about AI active and you will find answers there….

I short : yes, it costs fps but how much depends on your settings and your hardware.   

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

performance impact is far less compared to other simulators 😉 100+ in Paris and still solid 60 FPS

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Me too. There is no performance problem at least with injected ai model by PSXseecon traffic. (I must confess I don't use atc because is a - - - - - - 

Yesterday I also made LFPG with psx and realtraffic. 

I think the performance problem is with the atc ai motor of msfs. 

I know that a lot of folks have responded to the AI issues and often bring up FPS impacts.  I think that is true for prior MSFS versions and rightly so.  I come from a deep Xplane user background and MSFS 2020 is the first I have purchased in 15 years.  But I would like to add that Xplane had similar issues with livery publishing rights and lack of good AI.  However, there is a product called 'TrafficGlobal' that is amazing as it filled out the world with AI.  But what I wanted to let you all know is that it did with only 1-2 FPS hit.  Maybe that is unique to Xplane but maybe it is also possible within the MSFS world also.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I am flying right now from KTEB to KHYA with Live Traffic. My ATC program, PF3 chats with the aircraft flying in MSFS, and the chatter has been non stop since I took off on the 180 mile flight. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

However, there is a product called 'TrafficGlobal' that is amazing as it filled out the world with AI.  But what I wanted to let you all know is that it did with only 1-2 FPS hit.  Maybe that is unique to Xplane but maybe it is also possible within the MSFS world also.

I haven't heard any mention of this product, but it sure would address our AI needs for around 50 bucks US.