Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Stream Deck XL Thoughts

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Does it allow the rotary knobs to work? Is LINDA still needed?

Yes and no. FSUIPC is not so advanced like AAO, that is the reason I switched over from FSUIPC/LINDA to AAO with MSFS.
I'm very sad to abandon LINDA after so many years, but the show must go on 😉

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Technically spoken, you do not need any 3rd party software. You can assign a keystroke to a button and this is then executed in the sim.

Practically spoken, you can only use then the standard MSFS assignments, which will be very fast obsolete if you fly any addon, which has normaly its own variables and assignments. Further, you always have to have the MSFS window active when you press a button, because the SD just executes the keystroke: doesn't matter if its Editor or MSFS or WORD.

With AxisAndOHs StreamDeck plugin, you can have another window open and the functions would be forwarded into the sim.

Next advantage of AAOs SD plugin is, that you can use the variables of addons. However it is relatively difficult to make profiles and gather the variables etc. but you are very lucky, that I created a bunch of them 😉

And you can have animated buttons, even with aircraft instruments if you like.

Have a look at this thread, where I have made a little video what the SD plugin can do.

AAO experimental B:Vars feature - StreamDeck in action - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

As far as I know, FSUIPC is not capable to drive the StreamDeck, I do not know about SPAD or MobiFlight. I use AAO as the developer is brilliant, highly responsive and pushed AAO as far as anyone can to get all out of the sim.

If you want to use any hardware, StreamDecks, VRInsight MCP Combo etc. at least in combination with addon aircraft, then yes, you need a 3rd party tool like AAO.

Thanks for the comnprehensive reply Guenter, very much appreciated. I will take your lead, as I have done over the years with LINDA and download AxisAndOHs. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

EDIT..

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just now, Rockliffe said:

I will take your lead, as I have done over the years with LINDA and download AxisAndOHs. 

thx!

However be patient ... there is a lot new to learn!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

On 10/17/2021 at 8:38 AM, Rockliffe said:

Yes, but what you don't get with the tablet of course, is the actual physical button feel, which to some, like me is important. But I will check out your recommendation all the same. 

Check out the thread I created a while back Howard

I run Touch Portal on a 10.5 inch Huawei Tablet and I also use my 11 inch iPad Pro, I know you do not get that tactile feel of the actual buttons but I haven't looked back

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Hi, I'm seeking some good advice on Lorbys and MSFS.

I am using MSFS, along with Honeycomb A and B, and have it pretty-much setup for flying a TBM930 with most bindings. Having done that, I have just received an Elgato StreamDeck 15-pad, and would like tp set it up specifically for custom camera views...internal/external/drones. In the interim, and in it's simplicity, I have set up keyboard buttons 0 to 9 to the buttons on the Streamdeck 9 (just as a test run). Whilst these assignments are generic to all aircraft, I would like to be able to 'fine-tune' each view to be more TBM930-specific.For example, in the MFD view, I would like to re-position the view slightly, and zoom in closer. Same with the other buttons, and other views external and drones.

Axis and OHS comes highly recommended, but I must confess at my age I find it REALLY daunting, particularly the 96-page manual.

Is it possible to solve my questions without using another program? Or can I use Axis and OHS without it conflicting with my Honeycomb devices.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Digger

You can set custom views natively in MSFS and retrieve these with a key assignment so I would just set them up how you need for the TBM then add the key bindings for these to your Streamdeck. No need for additional software. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

"retrieve these with a key assignment so I would just set them up how you need for the TBM then add the key bindings for these to your Streamdeck"

Hi, Donka,

How do I retrieve these with key assignments and add them to my Streamdeck?

Thanks

Digger

Hi

Have a look at this tutorial on YT

A few more advanced tutorials by the same author - worth a look.

Cheers

Al

15 minutes ago, Digger28 said:

"retrieve these with a key assignment so I would just set them up how you need for the TBM then add the key bindings for these to your Streamdeck"

Hi, Donka,

How do I retrieve these with key assignments and add them to my Streamdeck?

Thanks

Digger

I'm not at my MSFS PC at the moment but if you look under controllers section under Keyboard and do a search, there are available binds for set/save custom 3d view 1 or similar (1-9) and also switch to or retrieve custom 3d view 1 etc. You just need to move your camera view exactly how you want for the MFD as an example then hit the key combination for set/save custom 3d view 1 or whichever number you want to save it under. Now go to the streamdeck software and add a hotkey icon  from the right into the profile you want to use and enter the key combination that matches the switch to/retrieve 3d view binding from MSFS.

Not sure the exact names but it's all fairly straight forward. I'll be able to get the proper details later today if you are still stuck with it.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Donka,

Many thanks for your assistance. I'll follow your advice, and let you know how I got on. We have New Years Eve coming up soon here, so I'd best get back to family celebrations before they disown me.

Happy New Year

Digger

Welcome mate and have a good one. 🙂

Hi, Donka,

All good now, thanks to your helpful advice. I persisted with making the same small error over and over again...until the penny finally dropped.

And Algy10, thanks for that video link. I've now seen a couple of them now, and he makes some good points.

Much appreciated.

Digger

Good to hear. Reach out if anything else needed. 

Hi, Donka (and others)

Another question, if I may.

I have used the save/load keys for various aircraft cameras, and have used numbers 0 to 9.....all ten of them. I am unable to add more, as Stream Deck will not accept double numbers....eg CTRL+ALT+11...or 12, 13 etc.

Is there any way to overcome this?

Thanks in advance

Digger