Sign in to follow this  
av8ber

TBM930 Parking Brake Alarm won't shut off

Hi: In msfs2020 I'm flying the TBM930 and it always performed great. After update 6, whenever I put on the Parking Brake the master caution alarm comes on like normal but if I hit the Master caution button to silence the alarm the button goes from bright red to no red as it should. The problem is that the Parking Brake Alarm still keeps beeping.   The only way to silence it now is to turn the parking break off. The problem didn't exist prior to update 6.Any else having this problem? Any Ideas?  Thanks  Al Skorich

Yes, this is a problem and has been discussed a lot. If not here then over on the "other" forum. I think it affects the CJ4 as well but not sure. Don't know if they're working on a hotfix but it would be nice if they'd fix it quickly.

• Upvote 1

I’ve got a question- as well as the dinging in the TBM (and Longitude) the TBM and King Air are much more difficult to taxi. They both need more power to get going (unless this is more realistic?) and the brakes seem to come on automatically if I go too slowly without me doing anything. Nose wheel on both planes randomly turns right during taxi. None of this happened before SU6.

might just be my controller settings, although nothing has .changed -  has anyone else noticed this?

22 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

They both need more power to get going

I found exact the other way, I need to brake more because the TBM is running fast without throttling.

It´s like with the TBM-Mod wich I don´t have. 🤔

Stephan from Germany

My System

4 hours ago, av8ber said:

Thanks for the info. Will wait a few days and see if anything comes out as a hotfix.

Or relase the parking brake in the meantime, while a hotfix comes in.

I don't recommend modifying the base files of the sim. These issues have to be solved by Asobo itself.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It is not only the parking brake but any red warning. 

Seems, most people do not start from C&D

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

It is not only the parking brake but any red warning. 

Seems, most people do not start from C&D

I start cold and dark every flight and for me it is just the parking brake alarm. I fly Mugz mod FWTW.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flypops said:

I think it affects the CJ4 as well but not sure

Nope, the CJ4 is not affected.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

17 minutes ago, Flypops said:

I fly Mugz mod FWTW.

ok, disabled the mod currently, thats maybe a difference then.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester