Sign in to follow this  
dogmanbird

Nvidia 496.49

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

I hope you can find that room (if the other ideas about stripping back settings don't work). I have everything crossed for either or a combination of both solutions to work.

Edit: And if stripping it all back to low/off wherever possible works, you can start putting things back on/up one by one to see how far you can push it.

Congratulations!  You have cracked it - unbelievable to see a plane sitting on the runway with propeller rotating.  I can't thank you enough and owe you a beer or two.  Thanks also for everyone else who has chipped in over the weeks and put up with me;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazydog said:

Congratulations!  You have cracked it - unbelievable to see a plane sitting on the runway with propeller rotating.  I can't thank you enough and owe you a beer or two.  Thanks also for everyone else who has chipped in over the weeks and put up with me;-)

No, no, nothing owed. That's just fantastic news for you. Really pleased.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, March Hare said:

No, no, nothing owed. That's just fantastic news for you. Really pleased.

Thanks - one other thing I noticed was that on the C drive I found a very old rolling cache folder deep within c:/users etc from a previous installation and deleted it.  This software is a minefield of housekeeping!  Let's hope my luck stays with me and loading up tomorrow is all okay!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazydog said:

Thanks - one other thing I noticed was that on the C drive I found a very old rolling cache folder deep within c:/users etc from a previous installation and deleted it.  This software is a minefield of housekeeping!  Let's hope my luck stays with me and loading up tomorrow is all okay!

I know. I'm hoping the same 😂 Let's stay positive 😉

5 hours ago, crazydog said:

Thanks for the tip - still waiting for Windows 11 to be offered...

You don't have to wait for it to be offered. If you're feeling adventurous and Windows PC Health check says your good for Win11, head here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows11 and grab the second option, the Media Creation Tool. Once done with it, make an image of your current C drive, then boot from the media you created above and tell it you want to do a clean install (that will wipe your C drive, hence the backup image).

...jim

• Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

14 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

You don't have to wait for it to be offered. If you're feeling adventurous and Windows PC Health check says your good for Win11, head here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows11 and grab the second option, the Media Creation Tool. Once done with it, make an image of your current C drive, then boot from the media you created above and tell it you want to do a clean install (that will wipe your C drive, hence the backup image).

...jim

To be honest, if I were @crazydog now they have their sim working, I wouldn't mess with Windows right now.

• Upvote 1

Back.....on....topic  I had worse performance with this version so had to revert back. Things are normal again. Strange. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

7 hours ago, crazydog said:

This software is a minefield of housekeeping!  Let's hope my luck stays with me and loading up tomorrow is all okay!

Not here I've done exactly zero 'housekeeping' save moving the odd mod into the Community Folder, or removing one I no longer wanted.  Compared to the nightmare of prior sims this one really takes complete care of itself.  No CTD, no thwarted installs, two complete reinstalls w/o a hitch, all thru the scary MS Store.  Moreover, I'm a fan of the KISS model--accept all default install locations, no need to separate OS and sim, all on one fast drive.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

17 hours ago, March Hare said:

To be honest, if I were @crazydog now they have their sim working, I wouldn't mess with Windows right now.

Yes, I will hold off Windows 11 for as long as possible.

So I have my graphics settings set to middle performance all going well, BUT...

whenever I launch a flight just before I launch I get the message that my bandwidth is too low for live streaming and it has been set to OFF.  I have changed servers and still get the message.  My internet connection is Fibre optic 78mb per sec - and running just fine.

Any thoughts on this one?

3 minutes ago, crazydog said:

Yes, I will hold off Windows 11 for as long as possible.

So I have my graphics settings set to middle performance all going well, BUT...

whenever I launch a flight just before I launch I get the message that my bandwidth is too low for live streaming and it has been set to OFF.  I have changed servers and still get the message.  My internet connection is Fibre optic 78mb per sec - and running just fine.

Any thoughts on this one?

Not sure on that one. I have had similar on one day, then no issue the next. I guess see what happens later or tomorrow. If it doesn't go away, it's back to head scratching again.

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

Not sure on that one. I have had similar on one day, then no issue the next. I guess see what happens later or tomorrow. If it doesn't go away, it's back to head scratching again.

Here we go again - this is no good; just like using FSX 8 years ago with dire scenery.  I don't think this new MSFS2020 and me are going to get along at all.

I am using NordVPN - and which is renowned for gaming.  I have tried different servers on there, and disabled it so that I have a direct non-VPN connection.  Neither work.  Within the sim I have tried all the servers on offer and set to auto too.  Within Options>Data I have tried all the different options (limited / unlimited data setting as well as setting limited amount of data transfer).  Every time I load a flight I end up with the message " your bandwidth is too low for data streaming, you have been switched to offline mode "

Edit:  whilst flying I get green notification saying "Connected" - then shortly after the " your bandwidth is too low for data streaming, you have been switched to offline mode "...this goes on an on in a loop.  My connection is super stable - no other applications have trouble at all with dropped or poor connections.  I don't stream TV anywhere in the house, and no other application is using resources.

This month I have managed fewer than 10 minutes flying and probably several days downloading and trouble-shooting.  

Again, any suggestions welcome.

Edited by crazydog

Have you reached a cap set by your internet plan/provider perhaps?  I guess you've run something like Speedtest by Ookla to verify actual bandwidth?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

Have you reached a cap set by your internet plan/provider perhaps?  I guess you've run something like Speedtest by Ookla to verify actual bandwidth?

Never had a cap.  TalkTalk Unlimited.  Ookla reports ping of 9ms speed of 78mb per sec, and excellent stability, virtually no latency and zero jitter.

This has to be a Microsoft / Steam error (unless I have some silly setting somewhere:-) 

Edit:  Just experienced my first ever CTD.  And last night I thought I was back to normal:-(

Edited by crazydog
additional information

I wonder if your actual bandwidth is less.  I say this because I have a 400mbps line and have had the message pop up previously, but only maybe 3x since initial install august 2020.

Noel

1 hour ago, crazydog said:

whilst flying I get green notification saying "Connected" - then shortly after the " your bandwidth is too low for data streaming, you have been switched to offline mode "...this goes on an on in a loop.  My connection is super stable - no other applications have trouble at all with dropped or poor connections.  I don't stream TV anywhere in the house, and no other application is using resources.

Yes, I have experienced the same message, etc., but luckily it didn't persist. I would wait it out for a day or two, then if it does persist consistently there might be a deeper issue than maybe some kind of bug or even server-side instability.