Sign in to follow this  
MisirkovMK1903

Questions about FS2020 (Coming from X-Plane)

10 hours ago, MisirkovMK1903 said:

No go!! I did manage to find the filter (hard to find) and turned on Navaids. When I have flight plan as 'high altitude ifr' set, and search ENE, it returns 100 search results and most of them airports. I have an example KEWR-CYQX plan set. I tried turning off the airports in the filter but it does not change the search results. Is ENE so generic that it is returning too many results and it just cuts the list short? I also typed in 'kennebunk' in the search and still does not find ENE in it. word not allowed this shouldn't be that hard.

Yep. The search function just looks for the string you entered as being contained in the results, and only shows the first 100 results. Pretty much useless in this case.

Only thing I can suggest is to use Little Navmap and do a search in that for the navaid you are looking for. At least there it will show exact matches at the top of the results, followed by results that contain the string. Then you can right click the navaid you want and select show on map. Then you can go back to the MSFS world map and zoom in to the area to locate and add that navaid to the flight plan.

Alternatively, you can use Little Navmap to create the entire flight plan, export it as an MSFS flight plan, then import it to the MSFS world map.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:11 AM, JimBrown said:

Yep. The search function just looks for the string you entered as being contained in the results, and only shows the first 100 results. Pretty much useless in this case.

Only thing I can suggest is to use Little Navmap and do a search in that for the navaid you are looking for. At least there it will show exact matches at the top of the results, followed by results that contain the string. Then you can right click the navaid you want and select show on map. Then you can go back to the MSFS world map and zoom in to the area to locate and add that navaid to the flight plan.

Alternatively, you can use Little Navmap to create the entire flight plan, export it as an MSFS flight plan, then import it to the MSFS world map.

...jim

Alright , issue resolved. I'm not sure what little navmap is (assuming it's a third party plug in) but I did not use it, I was able to find ENE vor on the world map and add it to the flight plan after enabling navaids. The search is worthless lol. Thanks for the help.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:54 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The CRJ and the DC6 are definitely the pick of the two current payware airliners.

The CRJ has a bonus of directly importing Simbrief flight plans if your too lazy to program the FMS manually.

News to me. How do you do that in the CRJ?

On 11/2/2021 at 3:03 AM, abrams_tank said:

The stable release may not be updated to be compatible with SU6

It was updated last week.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jarmstro said:

News to me. How do you do that in the CRJ?

You  create and export it in Simbrief choosing the Aerosoft CRJ format (selecting the appropriate CRJ Folder where the CRJ is going to be looking) and then import it when in game sitting in the CRJ using the CDU to import it into the FMS.

It is probably easier if I just link a 3 minute video for the basics. There are other options in the CDU, you can for example bring up a list of flight plan names found in the relevant folder, but this video will get you started.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

You  create and export it in Simbrief choosing the Aerosoft CRJ format (selecting the appropriate CRJ Folder where the CRJ is going to be looking) and then import it when in game sitting in the CRJ using the CDU to import it into the FMS.

It is probably easier if I just link a 3 minute video for the basics. There are other options in the CDU, you can for example bring up a list of flight plan names found in the relevant folder, but this video will get you started.

Oh I see what you mean now. Yes, I was aware of that. You can also import a SimBrief plan into the DC6 though by loading it into the in-sim flight planner pre flight.